Outlook.com Now Opens New Tabs For Each Function??

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed within the last few days (since SkyDrive started converting to OneDrive and since Office.com icons began appearing across the top of Outlook.com screens), that Outlook.com now opens a new tab when you switch from, say, Mail, to Calendar or any other function? So rather than just changing your current tab/page to whatever function you've chosen from the drop-down menu, it actually opens a new tab altogether. I've tried it in IE and in Firefox and get the same results with both browsers.

So far, I can't find a setting option to tell it to change functions within the same browser tab, but that would be my preference. Has anyone else found a way to change this setting?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here even on Chrome. Trying to see settings but can't find if it may be changed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I for one actually like it, I don't want to always be taken away from what I was initially logged into.
It's simpler to close a tab, then trying to go back some times.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Good point on that now that you've mentioned it. Guess we just need to adapt. Not hard anyway

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Good point about the multiple tabs.

That said, i prefer using the one window because you log in and then log out - no closing down multiple tabs lol

To each their own!

May look into linking the account into a pc client or something. It's minor, as an issue anyway - if wp was better at dealing with attachments i would probably just never use a browser! 😊

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I for one actually like it, I don't want to always be taken away from what I was initially logged into.
It's simpler to close a tab, then trying to go back some times.
Right. I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but personally I'd much prefer to switch the functions within a single tab rather than end up with several open tabs, so it would seem pretty reasonable just to offer it as a setting.

Note that if you're in Mail, then click the Calendar (or whatever) drop-down function and it opens a 2nd tab (for Calendar), then while in Calendar you unthinkingly click the Mail drop-down selection (rather than switching tabs) you'll then end up with a third open tab (for Mail again), so you would then have 3 tabs open -- 2 for mail and one for Calendar. If you carry this out a bit, you could easily end up with numerous open tabs, many of which could be duplicates. This seems to me like yet another example of screwy logic from Microsoft . . . which again could be remedied by offering a simple setting option.

Last edited:

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What kind of attachments give you problems?
Try attaching a pdf file or other documents directly (not a OneDrive link but an actual attachment) to a new, outgoing email on your Windows Phone. As a Double Whammy test, start in your Office hub and attach a Word doc (or whatever) to a new email, then try to attach another non-photo file/document to that same email. As yet another test, try replying to any email and attaching anything but a photo to that reply.

If you know of an easy, quick, or logical way to do any of the above, please post it here since I'd love to learn.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Try attaching a pdf file or other documents directly (not a OneDrive link but an actual attachment) to a new, outgoing email on your Windows Phone. As a Double Whammy test, start in your Office hub and attach a Word doc (or whatever) to a new email, then try to attach another non-photo file/document to that same email. As yet another test, try replying to any email and attaching anything but a photo to that reply.

If you know of an easy, quick, or logical way to do any of the above, please post it here since I'd love to learn.

Point taken, I didn't know that. That is messed up.
Hmmmm,,,,, what the Hell?????

Yeah, doesn't matter where you start at, the PaperClip will only attach Pictures.
What the hell were they thinking. Maybe it will be fixed in 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs