How do you manage your SkyDrive space with 16/32 GB space on your phone.

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Most of us use a 16/32 GB internal storage space on our devices. Which might not enough if you take lots of photos/videos and have quite a few mp3s.

Most of us have over 20GB space on OneDrive. Can you guys share how you manage your files to make the best use of the cloud space?

Do you upload all photos/videos to SkyDrive to make space for new photos on your phone?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup - all photos, vids and docs on OneDrive. Use local storage only for offline maps and apps+games. More than enough for 16GB phone.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's the problem with uploading all photos to OneDrive and then deleting them from phone. Then you need to connect and wait for download any time you want to show a photo. I have the HTC 8x and have been struggling for months with low storage space. Sucks. And i don't even have that many games. I'll never get another phone with this little storage capacity again.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Btw, can someone tell me how to get my videos up to my OneDrive account. My photos automatically sync, but not my videos.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Btw, can someone tell me how to get my videos up to my OneDrive account. My photos automatically sync, but not my videos.

Are you talking about videos taken with your phone? You gotta have your phone connected to WiFi. Go to camera roll, tap on video that you want, then tap on menu on lower right corner (3 little dots) then "Save to OneDrive"

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't manage my "SkyDrive" anymore.
Now I manage my "OneDrive" :amaze:

But seriously, I actually have enough with my SD card.

Only thing on my Onedrive is some notes and shoplists, since they sync nicely between pc and phone through OneNote and Onedrive, and the general sms and app backups which aren't even seen on Onedrive.

Pics, movies, ebooks etc...are simply copied over to the pc through usb on regular intervals.

In other words, apart from some saved notes, it is empty.
I rather have my pics and vids and stuff stored on my own local system and manually sync them through usb.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have too many cloud drives lol. Google, Amazon, OneDrive, Asus, and a work cloud. I had stuff everywhere!! When I got my WP phone this week I spent some time getting them organized. Now I auto upload my camera shots to OneDrive, but I put my videos on my Asus web storage because I have an unlimited plan and also have easy access to them on my PC. I stream most of my music, so I don't have a huge requirement for music or movie storage. Docs are still in Google Drive for now, but I will be moving them over to OneDrive tomorrow.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have too many cloud drives lol. Google, Amazon, OneDrive, Asus, and a work cloud. I had stuff everywhere!! When I got my WP phone this week I spent some time getting them organized. Now I auto upload my camera shots to OneDrive, but I put my videos on my Asus web storage because I have an unlimited plan and also have easy access to them on my PC. I stream most of my music, so I don't have a huge requirement for music or movie storage. Docs are still in Google Drive for now, but I will be moving them over to OneDrive tomorrow.

Lol : wow ! :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos