When will we see new WP devices?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If Icon ever got to ATT I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I don't really understand why making the Icon a Verizon exclusive makes sense for any of these companies from a business standpoint. WP isn't very big, especially in the US. Not many people are going to leave their carrier to get an Icon, so it doesn't really benefit Verizon. Verizon doesn't try very hard with WPs, so it doesn't help Microsoft. Verizon also made sure the Icon looks as much like an iPhone as possible. Controlling the design cant be good for Nokia.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe tomorrow? No?

ha ha, maybe. I can wait while April if needs be though. Trying to remember back to the 920, and when that started leaking. I think it was before now, but they held off until WP 8 was available.... I think. Don't quote me.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So the Icon is rumored to go global as 929.. Sounds good enough for me :) as mentioned above, hope it comes with glance on the global variant.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So the Icon is rumored to go global as 929.. Sounds good enough for me :) as mentioned above, hope it comes with glance on the global variant.

I think the Icon is great, and I'd probably get it if I was on Verizon, but since the global variant won't be gimped in the design dept by Verizon, I expect they will have a much sleeker, colorful design. And hopefully some new tech as well.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
User Experience has changed for me since 920. I don't look at anything without a 4.5" display, OIS'd camera, wireless charging(built in!). These 3 are the deal breakers for me. Other little stuff include HAAC mics, and how well the display performs under bright light.

The Icon does have the assertive display tech thingy going on for the screen, doesn't it?

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to hold off until after WP8.1 comes out, but I'm so anxious I keep checking every day. This is the first time I am able to upgrade with the release of new devices, usually I was about 6 months behind.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's been said that Nokia won't be bringing any new Lumia/WP device for the MWC. So when can we expect the new line of Lumias?
I am eligible for an upgrade in September, so I hope there will be something new being released before then.

April 2nd is the reveal of WP8.1 and new devices won't be revealed until July, it was a recent article, I'm not sure which one.

The reason for no devices at MWC is because they would reveal new features of 8.1 before Microsoft has a chance to. :)

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
April 2nd is the reveal of WP8.1 and new devices won't be revealed until July, it was a recent article, I'm not sure which one.

The reason for no devices at MWC is because they would reveal new features of 8.1 before Microsoft has a chance to. :)

Currently, I'm sold on the Lumia 929(if it does indeed goes global). The hardware is good enough for me. Pretty sure WP8.1 devices will have extra hardware/features though.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
A 1020 with an improved processor, latest 41MP camera tech and same size, and I am all in. Oh and the improved ability for recording audio. Wireless charging would be a bonus too. I do think that the Samsung offering will be good this time, although I am loving my Nokia.

tehhunter

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am looking forward for july new devices i am looking and waiting for the successor of 1020 with a better camera and 6 inches Phone but 5 is ok also

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The rumored Nokia Lumia 1820 with a 5.2 inch screen would be very close in size to the 920 1020 if there's less bezel and a slightly larger screen

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

No one knows for certain when we will see new devices. The 8.1 update is coming this spring and new devices are rumored to hit the shelves before old devices get the update so I doubt we will have to wait till July to get new devices

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The rumored Nokia Lumia 1820 with a 5.2 inch screen would be very close in size to the 920 1020 if there's less bezel and a slightly larger screen

the 1820, is that not a myth? As long as the phone does not get bigger, I'm in

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750