Can we still get GDR3 in developers preview?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Tried.
Still no luck.
Any other suggestion?
Now I think that there is only one option........ Create a new Microsoft account, register it for dev preview, sign in to the phone using this account, download the dev preview app, and then try again. Phew! That is a lot of work, but if it does not work even then, I think there is some problem with the phone itself. Try using Nokia Software Recovery Tool to reset the phone( I think you should try this first before creating a new account, I think this may be the key to solving the problem).

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont think you need to register for the dev preview with a different account. Your phone has detected that an update is available, and it was downloading it, so there is no problem with your dev preview account. The error code you posted relates to a poor WiFi connection:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...801881d0/98c9a248-8b26-483c-840a-108dfb342673

You could try using a different WiFi network. The entire download plus update took about 30 minutes for me.
Hope your problem is solved.

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
There's no problem with your dev account since your phone already shows an available update. I won't call 'hard reset' a solution, but if your network connection is stable, I guess you will have to do a hard reset.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Don't do it man its just a BETA! Its crawling with buggs. Just look at the thread...and it voids your warranty. Its the only reason I haven't updated mine. I rather wait for thee official one.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it man its just a BETA! Its crawling with buggs. Just look at the thread...and it voids your warranty. Its the only reason I haven't updated mine. I rather wait for thee official one.

Thanks! for showing me other side of coin.
I'll think about it before updating phone.

and I don't think it will void warranty of Unlocked Nokia phone. But not sure about this.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

It's actually not a beta. You just get it before the carrier rolls it out. And it doesn't have bugs, unless the final version (released to carriers too) does have bugs.

And certain carriers void the warranty, but not all do. And it isn't like they will know, as many don't know much about WP, sadly.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
thank you for support.
I am finally able to download GDR3 developers preview.

This time I used different WiFi. At first I was facing same problem 801881d0.
Then I reset my phone and login with new MS a/c( also create a new a/c in App Studio)
and Problem Solved.

Once again Thank You.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It's actually not a beta. You just get it before the carrier rolls it out. And it doesn't have bugs, unless the final version (released to carriers too) does have bugs.

And certain carriers void the warranty, but not all do. And it isn't like they will know, as many don't know much about WP, sadly.

Then why is it called a preview? And why is there is thread dedicated to GDR3 bugs in another forum topic?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Then why is it called a preview? And why is there is thread dedicated to GDR3 bugs in another forum topic?

Because it's a way to get it before everyone else, because carriers take a long *** time. And all OSes, when they get a first batch, ALWAYS have issues, which is why they have little patches to help fix some/most of them.

Why is there a thread dedicated to GDR3 bugs? I don't know, so please don't ask me. I didn't make that thread.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Because it's a way to get it before everyone else, because carriers take a long *** time. And all OSes, when they get a first batch, ALWAYS have issues, which is why they have little patches to help fix some/most of them.

Why is there a thread dedicated to GDR3 bugs? I don't know, so please don't ask me. I didn't make that thread.

Certainly that would be it is very unstable...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss