I formatted my phone and need help.

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I had updated my Lumia 520 to Lumia Black before formatting it, because it wouldn't read my SD Card. Now it reads my music files and video files but the app menu(when I swipe to the left from the live tiles) kinda look like when I just bought my phone, that's is before the Amber update. That is without the alphabet shortcuts that allow me easy access to my applications without long swiping/scrolling.

I've rebooted my device more than 20 times now but it still looks the same, I just want to know from someone that had formatted his/her phone if this is how my phone is gonna feel like until the 8.1 update or if it will eventually get to its senses and bring back the Lumia Black feel for me.
Thanks.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I had updated my Lumia 520 to Lumia Black before formatting it, because it wouldn't read my SD Card. Now it reads my music files and video files but the app menu(when I swipe to the left from the live tiles) kinda look like when I just bought my phone, that's is before the Amber update. That is without the alphabet shortcuts that allow me easy access to my applications without long swiping/scrolling.

I've rebooted my device more than 20 times now but it still looks the same, I just want to know from someone that had formatted his/her phone if this is how my phone is gonna feel like until the 8.1 update or if it will eventually get to its senses and bring back the Lumia Black feel for me.
Thanks.

Once there is a certain amount of applications the "Alphabet" picker will appear. So don't worry, it hasn't gone. Just install your applications as usual and it will eventually appear once that threshold is met.

Sadly for those that don't like it, removing applications below the threshold again doesn't remove the picker. It's not an amber, or any Nokia firmware feature.

Last edited:

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
But Im having one more problem, any mp3 file or video file I receive via Bluetooth and is stored to the SD Card won't be readable, as in the phone will be able to see it but won't be able to read it and always give this error "Sorry there is something wrong with your media player try playing another song...."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786