Take a Look: Lumia 920 with WP8.1 (New Leaked Video!)

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here’s the list of the new Windows Phone features caught on camera in this video :

• Speed Dial
    Another basic feature ticked off from the “Missing from Windows Phone” list. Nothing much to add here. Can be accessed from the phone log in a tab like History.
  • Internet Explorer
    Windows Phone 8.1 is bringing Internet Explorer 11, which will be covered in detail by us later on. Amongst the changes caught on camera here are:
    * Data Sense for Internet Explorer can now be configured from the main Internet Explorer settings.
    * There appears to be something called “Reading View. We will update the post tomorrow with more details on the same tomorrow.
    * Password Manager for Web Sites
  • Calendar
    Took them long enough, but Calendar is finally getting a much needed feature bump with Week & Year views.
  • Battery Power Sense
    Another major addition for the Windows Phone platform, Battery Power Sense is a module which monitors detailed battery stats, including app wise battery usage. Hope this evolves into an informative live tile in time.
  • Photos
    Looks like the first major update to Photos hub is here. Now, upon opening the Photos hub, you are directly taken to an All Photos view. Also, Facebook & SkyDrive (Now OneDrive) albums appear to have finally been nested under online albums, instead of being made visible by default along with your local albums.
  • Storage Sense
    The Storage settings module has now been renamed to Storage Sense and lets you configure where to store your new Music, Videos & Podcasts, Photos, Apps and Downloads from between your internal storage or SD card.
  • Podcasts
    Windows Phone finally has a dedicated Podcasts app with music and video support. You can search and subscribe to Podcasts from a list curated by Bing.
  • Project My Screen
    Project your phone’s display to a TV, Monitor or Projector using either a Wiressless Device or USB connectivity.
  • Sync Settings
    Now you can sync your Theme, Passwords and Internet Explorer data along with App Settings online.
  • Advertising ID
    You can now reset your Advertising ID.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks beautiful... I'm so excited!!! How did he flash the device, though?

One thing very disappointing: they didn't reorganize the Setting menu. With all the new features... It's more messy and unorganized than ever, and made worse by the lack of a search feature.

I can cope, but it seems really overwhelming to a first time user, especially someone getting their first smartphone. Almost Android-like, in terms of messiness, really... (And actually, Android has a better organize settings screen than Windows Phone, at the moment... :/).

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks beautiful... I'm so excited!!! How did he flash the device, though?

One thing very disappointing: they didn't reorganize the Setting menu. With all the new features... It's more messy and unorganized than ever, and made worse by the lack of a search feature.

I can cope, but it seems really overwhelming to a first time user, especially someone getting their first smartphone. Almost Android-like, in terms of messiness, really... (And actually, Android has a better organize settings screen than Windows Phone, at the moment... :/).

You're right. But I think "quick settings" make it a little easier to access some settings.
At least, we won't have to struggle with so long settings list for some settings. But as you said, it would be great with a more tidier view. :wink:

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You're right. But I think "quick settings" make it a little easier to access some settings.
At least, we won't have to struggle with so long settings list for some settings. But as you said, it would be great with a more tidier view. :wink:

Yeah, the Action Center will be able to handle my more frequent settings, so the daunting task of digging through settings won't be so frequent.

But it's still annoying how a design language that so heavily emphasizes being clean and readable, as such a mess of a setting menu... It really needs to be tidied up. At least bring it more on par with what's currently in Windows 8.1, in terms of organization,

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
most of people said they weren't there in the SDK.

Because they are not. Microsoft either disabled or removed them on purpose, either to hide them until the announcement, or because they're not complete/working yet due to changes.

Learn the difference between an SDK+emulator and a later build running on a device. This build clearly has some new features enabled and working, which the SDK build doesn't. Tabs and favourites in IE from the SDK build are completely missing, so is the Facebook account and People hub integration. You only see the Facebook logo on the people tile still left there, same can be seen in the video, so we can't really tell if this build has Facebook integration or not.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Because they are not. Microsoft either disabled or removed them on purpose, either to hide them until the announcement, or because they're not complete/working yet due to changes.

Learn the difference between an SDK+emulator and a later build running on a device. This build clearly has some new features enabled and working, which the SDK build doesn't. Tabs and favourites in IE from the SDK build are completely missing, so is the Facebook account and People hub integration. You only see the Facebook logo on the people tile still left there, same can be seen in the video, so we can't really tell if this build has Facebook integration or not.

yes, I think there is a lot of stuff MSFT didn't include it in the SDK.
I hope we see a lot of good things soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb