Feature I would like on People Tile

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't be the only one that wants this but there are just certain people I'd rather not see on my animated live tile. But I'll admit I'd like an option to "not show" contact on live tile.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You keep some people in your contacts just so you know not to answer when they call!

Just kidding, I think that is a good idea. I have business contacts in my phone that really don't need to rotate through friends in my People tile.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Add them to phone contract. Delete from facebook or any other social media that has photos

Example, I have my supervisor added to phone book but dont have a pic of him showing up on live tile because i do not have him on any social media

newiconuser

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
The only way I have been able to turn off the active People Tile is to re-size the tile to the smallest size. If you have it set to medium or large size, it becomes an active tile.
Not ideal, but at least it gets rid of the rotating pictures.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are correct, I think how the livetile is implemented is just waste of space as it shows all pictures randomly. How about showing people who are online, or having some other real function?

I had a similar need, where I didnt want see someone. We stopped seeing with one girl and it was annoying that her face would popup all the time on the tile, often in big size too. Deleting the contact was not something that would made sense, but I found a solution that worked for me. I have contacts linked to FB where the pictures are pulled. Also my people hub shows only contacts from the ones I have saved card with, so its not showing atumatically everyone from FB. The FB only contacts are shown in search results anyway. I ended up unlinking that specific contact, so she didnt have picture on her card anymore and no more picture poppin up to the tile all the time.

Now I anyway use the small tile because the bigger tiles dont have any real function....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss