I cannot get push mail on some Gmail Accounts, other is OK?

nthkmf

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Dear all,

I got a problem in working with Gmail on Windows Phone and I need your help, the situation is:

wp_ss_20140226_0004.png

I use email all the time so I want to set up push mail for my Gmail on my Windows Phone Device (Nokia Lumia 720), I applied the first part of the tip as you can see through this link (Vietnamese language) and this happens:
- The first Gmail account (as shown with red 1) could not sync
- The second Gmail account (as shown with red 2) could sync perfectly
- The third Gmail account (as shown with red 3) could not sync
- The fourth Gmail account (as shown with red 4) could sync - this is a Google Apps account. I also google this and know that Google Apps account can sync easily. I really surprise that the first and third Gmail account could not sync, they are from Gmail, just like the second one, but the second one could.

That is my problem, I really need to know why some Gmail account can sync, others cannot? @@ I really appreciate all comments!
Thanks.
Học Nguyễn Triết and @monkeyvn87

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That active sync thing does not work anymore. Any chance you created those that do work, a few months ago? Cause active sync is not supported anymore. I think there is no way to get push notifications for gmail other then forwarding it to your Outlook mail.

monkeyvn87

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
That active sync thing does not work anymore. Any chance you created those that do work, a few months ago? Cause active sync is not supported anymore. I think there is no way to get push notifications for gmail other then forwarding it to your Outlook mail.

thank you for your reply. I know this. But I dont know why some acc can work, some cannot. What makes the diferrences.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
my second account was created long time ago. My third account was created on 8 December, 2013. I am confused...

Google removed support for ActiveSync on new accounts late last year, but accounts which were set up on Windows Phone to use ActiveSync prior to that date were left 'on'. BTW I don't think it's the date the account was created that's important, but the date on which sync was set up on the phone. In other words, accounts which were working would continue to work, but setting up new accounts to sync with WP would only be able to use IMAP, not ActiveSync.

monkeyvn87

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Google removed support for ActiveSync on new accounts late last year, but accounts which were set up on Windows Phone to use ActiveSync prior to that date were left 'on'. BTW I don't think it's the date the account was created that's important, but the date on which sync was set up on the phone. In other words, accounts which were working would continue to work, but setting up new accounts to sync with WP would only be able to use IMAP, not ActiveSync.

Thank you, I agree that I setup my accound AFTER Google has cancelled the Active Sync.... (Before I had use an android and of course no problems)

By the way, when using IMAP with Outlook account, is there any way to keep my mail on the server (I mean I can access them later on the Browser) when I delete email on my WP8 Phones. (Lumia 525)

I found no option to keep message in the inbox...

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, I agree that I setup my accound AFTER Google has cancelled the Active Sync.... (Before I had use an android and of course no problems)

By the way, when using IMAP with Outlook account, is there any way to keep my mail on the server (I mean I can access them later on the Browser) when I delete email on my WP8 Phones. (Lumia 525)

I found no option to keep message in the inbox...
Like ActiveSync, IMAP is a sync as well. Which means what you see on your phone is what you see on your server. If you don't want to delete an email from the server, don't delete it from the phone. There should be an option as to how far back can you sync your email. So, if you don't want to see old messages, change that setting.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does it mean 'paid'? I haven't paid anything but it works for me cause i've made it before they canceled it.

Officially, only Google Apps account (account for business use), or I called it paid account, will continue to have ActiveSync support.

For other normal accounts, if you managed to setup ActiveSync on your current phone before the dead line, you will continue to use it that way until either Google turn it off or you switched to a new phone (or hard reset existing one).

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. anyway, so are we clear that there's no way you can set up a gmail account with Push notifications anymore, other then forwarding it to Outlook for example?

monkeyvn87

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Like ActiveSync, IMAP is a sync as well. Which means what you see on your phone is what you see on your server. If you don't want to delete an email from the server, don't delete it from the phone. There should be an option as to how far back can you sync your email. So, if you don't want to see old messages, change that setting.

Thank you for your reply. But I understand what IMAP is and how it works.

However, GMail have an option for keeping mail in inbox (archive the messages - default) although you delete mail on other client as shown in the photo below.
1972323_10201772862143434_1418547024_n.jpg

Why outlook lacks this important setting............

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. But I understand what IMAP is and how it works.

However, GMail have an option for keeping mail in inbox (archive the messages - default) although you delete mail on other client as shown in the photo below.
View attachment 58099

Why outlook lacks this important setting............
That seems to be a GMail specific settings on Gmail server, not an IMAP standard protocol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte