We Need This!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes we do! That looks fantastic! For me, such a simple looking and clean wallpaper like that makes the hole OS look so much better and modern than the black or white ones. I'm starting to be really worried about this feature not coming on WP8.1 because none of our credible sources are talking about this. All that is being mentioned are those fugly skinned tiles and let's be honest, those suck! They are ugly and make the OS less intuitive. This is what we want and this is what we need: an option to set or chose a clean and beautiful walpaper that isn't black or white!

Enviado do meu iPad usando o WPCentral Forums

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So clean and simple, yet what a difference it makes.

I'm not hopeful we'll get this but I sure hope we do!

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Omg omg ...we obviously need that....that is freakin' awesome.just imagine all the win8 startscreen backgrounds on wp8.1 startscreen.That would look hot.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
In a different thread I argued against backgrounds because I didn't think it would make a difference with such little whitespace, but wow...this proved me wrong.

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i want this (my old concept)

wdnD1du.jpg

but more polished

Last edited:

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
What I would like to see is when I turn on my phone an Android (Green Robot guy) jumps out of a Window and dies. (a window that is the logo of windows)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Bing images usually have many details, like animals or landscapes, which would make the start screen look like a huge mess with the live tiles having their own images and flipping. Wallpapers on WP8.1 should be really clean so that you won't lose fuccus when you are looking at/for a live tile.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I think Bing images might have too many colors and clash with the live tiles (since they are real pictures), that's why I like the idea of premade backgrounds akin to W8.1 since they are designed to minimize number of colors and match. Also, if they synced with the background on your w8.1 microsoft account, that would be even better!

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, choosing from a list of pre-included wallpapers would be better in my opinion.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
that would be a nice touch :)

haha, in what universe is pile of a mess "clean"? ;D

The tiles arrangement is not clean at all, I know. But when I said clean, I was talking about the clean wallpapers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb