Where do received Bluetooth files go?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
where do received Bluetooth files go?

I sent 2 pictures to my Lumia by Bluetooth but I can't find them, where are they? Are they in a specific file?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: where do received Bluetooth files go?

To save the photos to your device, as far as I know, you should tap the three-dot menu and tap save photo.

I've made the same mistake before, so don't worry.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry I'm a daft one. Was in saved pictures, my apologies to all. Seriously thought I'd see a folder called Bluetooth. Still haven't escaped the Android way of finding things.

sorry, I just got this Lumia 520 two days ago, its the first windows phone I have ever used or owned besides the ancient windows phone 6.5 standard from 2009 (its nothing like wp8) so go easy on me...i feel like such a dim wit��

adam rock

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

it still doesnt answer the basic question here.......if i receive a pdf via bluetooth where will i find it?would it be in the sd card or phone memory

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

it still doesnt answer the basic question here.......if i receive a pdf via bluetooth where will i find it?would it be in the sd card or phone memory

Not sure what the "basic question" is, since OP got his answer. PDF file will probably be saved in the phone memory. Access it using the Office hub or Adobe Reader.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Not sure what the "basic question" is, since OP got his answer. PDF file will probably be saved in the phone memory. Access it using the Office hub or Adobe Reader.

The "basic question" he's asking is, Where does the unsupported formats transferred through Bluetooth stored? Even file types like zip are not seen anywhere in the phone or sd card...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody, on wp8, if you receive a file of a format which isn't supported natively by the OS (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx, .mp3, .jpg are native, with some more audio and image formats), then those files dont get stored ANYWHERE ! But, when you receive that file, you should open it immediately with some app, and then it is up to the app to store it. For example adobe reader will store incoming pdf once it opens them in its isolated storage.
I use pocket file manager. Whenever i get a file which is non-native, i open it with PFM and then it stores it in its internal memory. Then i can easily cut it and paste it in my phone storage/sd card. Hope this helps ! :)

(p.s. No way to recieve multiple non-native files simultaneously and to save them all. Zip them before receiving)

sdd sdei

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I recieved .zip file and now it is nowhere?? plz help (Windows phone 8.1 developers preview)

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

where does my music go if it was send thru bluetooth

Do you remember which music you received through Bluetooth? If yes, then it would be directly updated to your Xbox music/Mix radio. If you don't remember, you'll have to browse your music library to find them

rishabh876

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

The same is the problem with Emails. Only images can be saved from an email attachment. Rest all files just open, no way to save.

I once needed to print a pdf i got on my Email. Couldn't find it when i connected my phone over usb.

rishabh876

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Nah, pdf files get saved. I don't know about videos
When we open a pdf, the corresponding app makes a copy of it in isolated storage. Only that app can access this storage. You cant access this pdf via 'Files' app or over usb

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

When we open a pdf, the corresponding app makes a copy of it in isolated storage. Only that app can access this storage. You cant access this pdf via 'Files' app or over usb

Yup, you are right, but still many files can be managed with it. Hope MS gives that option too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss