Campaign To Make Rudy Huyn Lead App Developer For WP8 & W8.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who's been with Windows Phone for just a few days become familiar with this guy's work, he's arguably the best independent 3rd party developer not only on WP but any platform, he's nearly single handedly kept WP's app store some respectability. Anyone who's used 6tag, 6snap,6sec etc and are familiar with their official counterparts on iOS and Android know that not only are Rudy's apps as good as those but in some ways better, I uninstalled by official Instagram app on my phone simply because 6tag was better in every way and I just didn't need or want to use the official app.

Rudy has displayed his competence in app design and the WP UI, and he clearly has the vision and insight on what apps the WP community wants and how to deliver them. WP is a few standout EXCLUSIVE apps away (along with the upcoming 8.1 update) from what can potentially be a surge in WP sales/market share. If we look back to the original Xbox's debut it faced strong competition and what made it survive were the games (particularly Halo), the same is true for smartphones, software and content sells not hardware specs. WP needs some apps that iOS and Android users can't find on their massive bloated app stores, something good enough to make them consider WP at the end of their 2 year contracts. Give Rudy Huyn the Microsoft funding and resources while still allowing him creative freedom and I'm confident this will yield some stunning apps that highlight and complement the WP OS.

MS if they have any sense would try to offer the man a job and license his work so Android and iOS don't get their hands on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05