Honestly... Microsoft need to work on advertising

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft need to show off its os more. I understand showing its camera recording but what about other features like xbox live integration, speed of phone os etc. They need to show off as much things as possible.

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My best bet on why they don't advertise as much is that they believe in the brand power of Windows.

Well, that's a misguided belief, right now at least.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's marketing is almost always boring and funny in a sad way. A while back in NYC they had posters almost everywhere about Office, and the tagline was literally "now you can take homework to your vacation". Yea, like that's an exciting idea that we all love.

Their Surface/hybrid ad posters too, with the whole "Honestly" campaign. It's not catchy, it doesn't mean anything specifically, and it's BORING.

Seriously, who comes up with these lines???? Probably the same type of people who think cross-word puzzle is the most exciting game on earth.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Completely agree. The Surface is being marketed pretty heavily in Australia, and to some extent, it's working. A lot of people consider the Surface due to it's support for Office and Windows platform familiarity. If only they pushed Windows Phone a bit more..

I've seen probably 1 or 2 Lumia ads in Australia, total.

No other Windows Phone related ads to be seen...

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
It gets plenty of advertising in the US. At least the channels I watch. Also, I visited Germany last summer and there was a Windows Phone/Lumia billboard every 2 feet.

FalconFour

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft's advertising approach seems to be "edgy" and "modern", with Microsoft's whole "computing in a vacuum" approach to the Microsoft Lifestyle. Void of all other technology in their lives, Microsoft ads always seem to portray people that use nothing but Microsoft products, and everything is happy-go-lucky nirvana. Then they give you a tagline that makes you think it's awesome and you somehow have to get one yourself. "One experience for everything in your life" to me means "assimilate into the Microsoft lifestyle, or buying a Microsoft product will be a mistake".

They don't seem to realize that the only people that are going to buy a Windows phone are people that are convinced that WP8 will offer them something that their current Android or iOS device can't do. So far, well... MS doesn't have much of a case in that regard. :(

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
What I hate the most is when they treat the other phones better than their own. Skype is constantly getting updated on android. What about us, what about your own os. Why go make a phone where there is nothing exclusive. I just don't understand why WP isn't there priority phone OS. :(

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
What I hate most is the word "Honestly". What does it suppose to mean? Its like MS begging you, buy WP phone! Honestly! Buy it! Please! We know its not xcellent, even not good for everyone, but honestly, its time to switch! Its time to touch your nerves a little! :)

They must work harder on bringing OS on the same level as iOS and Android, not begging people. Its about 5 years since 2009! And what we getting? WP 8.1 won't be available until the end of summer! Some phone won't receive it even at the end the year! :(

Honestly Microsoft, do something ! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon