Vaio Pro 13/Windows 8 recovery

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys quick question. My Vaio Pro 13 has been acting up recently and I think it is after an update but not too sure. I want to restore it to factory settings but I just want to confirm that it doesn't ask for the Win8 product key. I couldn't find any documentation or sticker that came with it and looking online, people said you didn't need to enter the key. Can anyone confirm this?

windows 8 product key - Sony's Community Site

Thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Product keys are build into the BIOS on recent laptops from Sony. If it came with Windows 8 installed, it's not going to ask for a key unless you change the type of Windows you are installing (which a restore will not do).

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just want to confirm this myself that the recovery process does not require me to input the Windows 8 key. It took ages though, probably around 2 hours. Installing the drivers and Windows updates now. After the first round of updates, it messed up my trackpad. I noticed the synpatics driver seemingly got uninstalled so gestures don't work. Hopefully after the Windows 8.1 update I can get it working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium