[Tutorial] - Set Lumia Phones to 3G Only Mode / Developer Unlock without SDK 8.0 on 32bit / 64bit OS

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I was expecting you gonna stick with 8.1 and find the solution. If you gonna go back to 8.0 not sure who else will come to solve this 3g/2g problem. As long as I'm stuck with 3g only. I will stay with 8.1.

Have you tried downgrading with Vietnam ROM as suggested in my first post and then upgrading to WP 8.1? I am thinking of giving WP 8.1 a second try as Cyan Update is very far away. But I will only be on WP 8.1 if the field test works, else I will be back to WP8.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried downgrading with Vietnam ROM as suggested in my first post and then upgrading to WP 8.1? I am thinking of giving WP 8.1 a second try as Cyan Update is very far away. But I will only be on WP 8.1 if the field test works, else I will be back to WP8.

I'm scared to give it a try. Somehow I'm fine with 3g only. But some places people can't reach me where there is no 3g network. But still I can get back to them once I receive miscall notification. All in all I'll preferred to wait. I'm happy to stuck in 3g only rather than if I were on automatic.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm scared to give it a try. Somehow I'm fine with 3g only. But some places people can't reach me where there is no 3g network. But still I can get back to them once I receive miscall notification. All in all I'll preferred to wait. I'm happy to stuck in 3g only rather than if I were on automatic.

OK then I am updating to WP 8.1 right now and if the field test works, I will make another tutorial with all the direct links and simplified language to flash Vietnam ROM.

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
So, I can confirm that the field test works perfectly on WP 8.1 after upgrading from Vietnam WP8 ROM. Very Happy!!!:smile::smile::smile: See the Update 3 in Original Post. Feeling dizzy after intense searching and reading in Vietnam.

Last edited:

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So, I can confirm that the field test works perfectly on WP 8.1 after upgrading from Vietnam WP8 ROM. Very Happy!!!:smile::smile::smile: See the Update 3 in Original Post. Feeling dizzy after intense searching and reading in Vietnam.

Wow, that's good 😊 news. I'll read your other post 📮 and see if I can take a risk.

glembozt

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, like I said a few day ago on your thread [Request] Set 3G Only Mode / Alternative to Native Toast Launcher / Field Test Menu it work perfectly on WP 8.1

this my video on that thread

glad if that work for you and all :wink:

setyo janarko

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that's good �� news. I'll read your other post �� and see if I can take a risk.

rasahi how long have you stuck on 3G networks?? I've been frustrated with my lumia 920, lumia 920 I was stuck on 3G networks has been almost 7 months and until now there has been no solution to get back to 2G network, the automatic was not able to find only 2G network 3G network alone could find, if anyone has any my solution please, thanks in advance.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
This tutorial is going to be obsolete soon as Windows 10 Mobile supports 3G Only, 4G Only Modes. Don't downgrade now, instead upgrade. I know things are buggy right now but the release date is not far away. Hope this helps. Cheers to Windows 10 Mobile - New Build next week as confirmed by Gabe.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
They added this option to Windows 10 Mobile and then removed it again, so looking for registry hack for this on Windows 10 Mobile.

Got it now :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb