Phone Starts New Text Thread For Contact

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
This is something that happened once before a few years back with my Windows Phone 7, and just now happened again with my 8.

My phone decided to break a text thread off and start a brand new conversation. A text was sent to them, and when they replied, it appeared as the first text in a new conversation. The contact's name is the same, and when I select the name from the text thread, I see no difference between them.

Any idea why my phone decided to split up a text conversation, and any idea how to rejoin them?

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
It's the same number. The contact in question contains only a cell phone number, so there's no other number I could have mistakenly selected.

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
About a hundred or so messages, going back several weeks. I have plenty of other text threads that are much longer than this one, so I don't know why this one has been split suddenly.

book1245

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the contact name is displayed correctly. On both the old text thread and the suddenly new text thread, if I select their name at the top it will bring me to the contact page as found in the People hub.

And something else just changed. Now when I'm on that contact's profile and swipe to "History", the only thing displayed at the calls made, and none of the texts.
If I select to text that contact, it brings me to a completely blank text conversation, where as with any other contact, the entire text conversation will be displayed. Yet if I go to my Messaging hub, both text conversations with that contact are still there.

I hope I'm articulating this coherently, and appreciate all replies!

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I think something screwy with sms backup status. As in not doing a backup or losing other thread. Put sms backup off, turn off phone, wait for 1 minute, turn phone on, turn sms backup on. Hopefully that does the trick since there is no way to reliably check if sms ARE being backed up short of hard reset the phone, which I don't recommend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss