Animation changes on WP8.1!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you guys noticed but the animation of the flying tiles, i.e when we press the home button, has changed slightly..and it looks AWESOME!

Have you seen it? What do you think?

Sent from my WINDOWS PHONE 8!

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I really don't see why people are making such a big deal of some minor animation changes... The only differences I can see is that the new one is slightly shorter (no black screen at the beginning) and the tiles actually spin in in order from top to bottom now, whereas previously they kinda failed at that. Sure it looks better, but seriously, what's the big deal?

pds2208

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The big deal is that us makes the UI look better and a better looking UI will increase sales. Pretty major then

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The animations on wp8 are a little bit over the top. Toning them down just a tiny bit will make the whole thing feel more polished than it already is.
So yeah, from what I've seen, it looks really good.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see why people are making such a big deal of some minor animation changes... The only differences I can see is that the new one is slightly shorter (no black screen at the beginning) and the tiles actually spin in in order from top to bottom now, whereas previously they kinda failed at that. Sure it looks better, but seriously, what's the big deal?

Not everything has to be a "big deal" for people to like it.

The little details count too.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying it's not nice to see such minor improvements, just that some people are seeing it as something revolutionary when it really isn't... Again, it's nice, but overrated in a way.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
some people are seeing it as something revolutionary when it really isn't...
Who said it was revolutionary? What I see is that the OP noticed a change, posted it and said it looked awesome. Then you immediately replied with some crazy spiel saying that people ae making a big deal out of it and shouldn't be, which made no sense.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Who said it was revolutionary? What I see is that the OP noticed a change, posted it and said it looked awesome. Then you immediately replied with some crazy spiel saying that people ae making a big deal out of it and shouldn't be, which made no sense.

I didn't say OP said it was revolutionary. I said some people, which doesn't imply OP is one of them... So it seems like you're the one not making any sense here, coming here only to comment on my post, which you've also failed to read and understand properly. I've seen people elsewhere on the internet go crazy over this, which is why I posted, it was an observation. I'm not going to explain the whole thing about why I don't find this as interesting and amazing as you do all over again, because this discussion is slowly turning into a circle jerk.

@xenophos: yeah, it looks like they've brought back the old animation from WP7, not sure why they changed it in 8 when the old one was better...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers