Microsoft: Please give us start screen backgrounds instead of skinned tiles!

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what phone that is? You know since I see on screen tiles, couldn't see if it had physical buttons.

New background is looking awesome though!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Screw all this the new thing is better, skinned tiles FTW.
Backgrounds can not be as cool as this, plus its incredibly inovative and unique (which I like).
Now when I saw how it looks, it just has me. I can not wait to buy a WP!

*Remember, this is my oppinion.

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
One word. Preference.

Preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference preference.

Please can we stop arguing about things like this. This is the decision a large, skilled design team has made. I have no doubt they would have weighed up the pros and cons. Sure, submit the idea to the WP development team, but there's no need to get worked up about things like this. If you don't like it, don't use it.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Funny story. People were crying saying "MS this is not what your users asked for" but then the poll on WPCentral has those for skinned tiles 10 times greater than those against it. (over 2000 more users prefer the skinned option).

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
There are millions of windows phone users that don't come here in windows phone central. Only 1 out of 10,000. And only 1 out of 1000 windows phone devices updated, since millions of user don't even bother to go to windows phone updates settings

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I love it keep us busy swipe from the top for notification and go to setting to see more options. More options is greatest things than you stock with only one.
If no options it means i have no choice.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
People are already changing their minds xD

such lack of imagination in the first place, and those who don't like it, will prolly like it once they have on their phones and pick gorgeous images.

EDIT:
tumblr_ma43vhEQqI1rtgzofo1_400.gif

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16MExHLa0tI

Looks much better than I thought, with the parallaxing.

I agree, it surely looks better than I figured it will be, but I still prefer my concept to this, you know, my backgrounds was meant to have a parallax effect as well (similar to Windows 8).
The thing is I wish now since they went this way, is to at least give us the option to have more colors than white and black for the background. I swear I am sick of the look and feel of the apps menu, it's so boring that it could kill!

Studio384

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
You realy think that your concept is less clutter then Microsofts actual working thing? To say the truth: it's not. Heck, you concept is a mess. Also, this "If you used a background with some white spaces, text and other white stuff on tiles won't be readable." realy isn't an issue as the backgrounds will work like they do in the Windows 8.1 startscreen: they will be dimmed down in colors.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Funny story. People were crying saying "MS this is not what your users asked for" but then the poll on WPCentral has those for skinned tiles 10 times greater than those against it. (over 2000 more users prefer the skinned option).

Well, their question wasn't which one do you prefer.. It was do you like it or not. I even voted that I do, it's better than what we currently have, but that doesn't mean anything as I'd chose a real background in a heartbeat, so as many others. For a more appropriate poll, they should put both running on a device, ask clearly: which do you prefer more. That would have gave you a real answer.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
They could just let us change the color of background.Black and white are only 2 colors.

Its one registry setting lol!!!
That why I like jailbreaking, because these guys are not enough....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon