i have heard a lot of buzz about the 8.1 upadte but there are certain things which i desperately need and im not sure whether they are inculded in the update or not,they are as follows

1)can i access phone memory and sdcard directly on pc as in the android devices?
    2)would it be possible to use my phone as a modem directly via some modem software as it used to like in the good old days of nokia c500?
    3)would the new update ensure that there is flexibility for app developers since there are so little "not fake" apps on the store?
    4)what is the diffrence between xap & appx apps?
    5)what effect would .appx apps have on the windows market?
    03-02-2014 12:22 PM
    1-> it is said we will have a file manager , just like we have on windows 8.1 (via skydrive app ) so yes I hope to see one via onedrive app
    2->if your laptop/pc have windows 8.1 installed you can do this via Bluetooth , no software required , just pair your pc via Bluetooth and turn on internet sharing
    3->yes developers will port , develop many new rich applications for windows phone 8.1 :)
    4&5 ->.xap files are made strictly for windows phone
    but in windows phone 8.1 update developers can easily make a single app that will run on both windows phone 8.1 and windows 8.1 update 1 PC\laptops\tablets
    so , yes it will easier for one to develop applications for both platforms by having the same template , just a lil changing in code for windows 8.1 version , I do hope Facebook take advantage of this code and develop one for windows 8.1 tablets ;)
    Microsoft is doing the same what apple did with their iOS on iPhone , iPad and iPod ,
    in short Microsoft is trying to merge windows phone store with windows 8.1 store :) (already answered in one of your thread)
    03-02-2014 12:59 PM
    i have heard a lot of buzz about the 8.1 upadte but there are certain things which i desperately need and im not sure whether they are inculded in the update or not,they are as follows

1)can i access phone memory and sdcard directly on pc as in the android devices?
    2)would it be possible to use my phone as a modem directly via some modem software as it used to like in the good old days of nokia c500?
    ?
    1) accessing phone memory and SD card on your PC is currently possible. You can just drag and drop files into the appropriate folders on the phone/ SD card.
    2) use phone as modem- you can use internet sharing. Go to settings > internet sharing. Your pc can detect it as a WiFi network.
    03-02-2014 01:13 PM
    2) use phone as modem- you can use internet sharing. Go to settings > internet sharing. Your pc can detect it as a WiFi network.

Guess what? I tried this on my 928 and a message pops up saying this is a prescription service for your carrier. Attaboy Verizon, trying to get more money out of us.
    03-02-2014 04:08 PM

Guess what? I tried this on my 928 and a message pops up saying this is a prescription service for your carrier. Attaboy Verizon, trying to get more money out of us.
    Yup, I get the same message. Like we're not paying them enough already...
    03-02-2014 05:43 PM