Is there any APP that lets you straighten photos?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
NOT rotate 90 degrees left or right, but straighten out photos that are slightly askew. Anyone?

edit: just found that Fhotoroom can do this... but has a bunch of other useless cute junk along with it. Where is Photoshop Express???

Last edited:

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but when I open an image in Nokia Creative Studio, I only get those horrid options to change to cute colors and such.

I don't want to rotate an image 90 degrees. I want to STRAIGHTEN it. Fhotoroom does have this ability, though it is not accurate enough for my tastes.

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
If you mean the picture is slightly tilted, nokia camera has a reframe function which allows you to straighten pictures.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
How to open a photo that needs to be re-framed in the Nokia Camera app? The photo is an older one that was taken with my dslr about six years ago, in Prague, and has been uploaded to my micro sd card and now is in my favorites folder. When I view this image, then hit the tree dots menu, the list of available apps to edit the file does not include Nokia Camera, only a bunch of app that lack this feature to straighten. (there are plenty of options to tweet the cute colors about though!)

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but when I open an image in Nokia Creative Studio, I only get those horrid options to change to cute colors and such.

I don't want to rotate an image 90 degrees. I want to STRAIGHTEN it. Fhotoroom does have this ability, though it is not accurate enough for my tastes.

Nokia Creative Studio will do it -- though again, trying this on a tiny phone screen with fingers could be an exercise in frustration.

Open your saved photo in the Photos hub, hit the menu, go down to apps and open Creative Studio. The first option is original -- nothing changes. Then hit the pencil, swipe over to fix, hit the crop/rotate option, then just use 2 fingers to rotate it. When done hit the checkmark and then save, it will save a copy in the same album.

Hope this helps.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Creative Studio will do it -- though again, trying this on a tiny phone screen with fingers could be an exercise in frustration.

Open your saved photo in the Photos hub, hit the menu, go down to apps and open Creative Studio. The first option is original -- nothing changes. Then hit the pencil, swipe over to fix, hit the crop/rotate option, then just use 2 fingers to rotate it. When done hit the checkmark and then save, it will save a copy in the same album.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - got it finally... but just went through it and that is a lot of steps (more than is reasonable in my opinion). But really, thanks for the help. This forum is very useful with people contributing like this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss