Cleaning Temporarily Files - How?

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Got an HTC 8S ...While I'm pretty happy with. Everyone knows by now of the limited storage it has (4GB) and so conserving as much as possible is really important.

Currently, I have 200MB of temporary files which I'd like to get rid of. How do I do that?

I have tried the WP 'delete' option in set up- No meaningful reduction. I also have the apps SHRINK STORAGE and STORAGE CLEANER. Both help in other ways but they don't really touch the temp files in any meaningful way. I've also cleared my browser history. Still at 200mb.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The delete temporary files only deletes files that it knows for certain are temporary files. It does take some time. They don't kid about that.

Not all temporary files will be deleted however as they are possibly used by apps, even though they're 'temporary'. 200MB is about average for temp files.

My guess is that apps running in the background probably use this area. One thing you can try is turning any apps off and then using the delete temporary files. Keeping in mind it takes time.

There are other threads on here that have asked about this. Not sure if there is a resolution as WP is not like Android or Windows desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750