Built in calendar - lorem ipsum

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Y'all know the cool WP8 calendar feature where tasks are displayed in super small font in month view? Yeah, so I was looking at them and found something strange - instead of actual text, there seems to be some latin stuff displayed, most probably the infamous lorem ipsum:

wp_ss_20140226_0001.png

Anyone else noticed this? I think this happened with Black update, it seemed fine before.
I assume there is not fix but wait for 8.1?

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's been like that since WP7 was first released. Never bothered me before, but now with a 6" screen and full-HD resolution it's actually readable and needs fixing.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There are third party calendars (many free - I use Office 365 Calendar app) which will display the actual text instead of the Latin place holder text. I believe this behavior is being replaced in the main calendar in WP 8.1.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Were are you located, I'm in the US and my calendar shows up ok from what I could see.

Are you sure? Enable that zoom feature and check it out, and see what the text actually says. Maybe you can't tell exactly because of low resolution.
I'm in Slovenia (Country/Region US, regional format Slovenia, language English), though it shouldn't matter for a calendar

Thanks for replies, hopefully this great feature gets better with 8.1

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It has always been like this, sone sort of place holder i think...they were too busy implementing better functions and solving bigger bugs. Maybe wp8.1 will write actual calendar related events in there

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure? Enable that zoom feature and check it out, and see what the text actually says. Maybe you can't tell exactly because of low resolution.
I'm in Slovenia (Country/Region US, regional format Slovenia, language English), though it shouldn't matter for a calendar

Thanks for replies, hopefully this great feature gets better with 8.1

You are correct, never did the zoom.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It has always been like this, sone sort of place holder i think...they were too busy implementing better functions and solving bigger bugs. Maybe wp8.1 will write actual calendar related events in there

From a programmers point of view, this shouldn't take longer then an hour, probably way less. I'd buy the 'spending time for other things' if this hasn't been an issue since WP7.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I never noticed that (mainly because I do not use the built in calendar app). But yes, my calendar seems to be showing these latin phrases as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa