How do I restore?? I don't get the option after resetting phone?

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Help! Just got my son's Lumia 620 back from being repaired. I backed it up beforehand, but when I reset the phone it doesn't give me a reset option because it says it can't connect, of course it can't connect because it's before I get the chance to enter my wifi password! Or does it need to have a SIM in the phone?? Basically it starts up as a new phone, I enter my Microsoft account details and that's it, I never get a restore option and there isn't one in the settings anywhere.:crying:

Any help appreciated.

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for confirming that. Must admit I love the phone but I much prefer the iOS/iTunes method of backup and restore where absolutely everything is copied back to the phone as if nothing had happened.

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What a complete farce this has turned into. I put the SIM in, reset the phone yet again, I sign in, but the initial restore fails at 4% every single time and I have a full 5 bar signal to my network. What's the point in a backup system if it's impossible to restore it? Looks like I'll have to set the phone up as new and hope it doesn't go wrong again.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
What a complete farce this has turned into. I put the SIM in, reset the phone yet again, I sign in, but the initial restore fails at 4% every single time and I have a full 5 bar signal to my network. What's the point in a backup system if it's impossible to restore it? Looks like I'll have to set the phone up as new and hope it doesn't go wrong again.

Once the restore has started you can switch to WiFi to let it complete the process. Not sure whether this will help with your issues though.

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It eventually got to the end but said there was an error, however it did then start syncing and downloading and all seems to work OK. BUT, I now have 20 apps stuck in the download queue that are corrupt, I can't clear and I don't know what they are. My main apps are there as before but I've got these 20 rogue items in the app list and in the downloads part of the app store. Any ideas how I clear these? Restarting doesn't clear it.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea... some apps not coming down after a reset is a known bug with MS. You just need to make a note of which apps they are, long press and cancel. Then go to the app store and re-download manually. And ya... It's a pain.

You're phone may have come back to you with older firmware and original O/S. I believe the Amber firmware and GDR2 corrected this issue. Make sure you go to Settings, Phone update, check for updates to make sure you get current. Or, do another reset with Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it should bring the phone to current revisions.

Also, I think it was the Black firmware and GDR3, removed the requirement of a SIM and cellular connectivity to start the restore, and only needed Wi-Fi. I think....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb