wp8.1 doubts.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys I read a tweet from Daniel rubino I guess that it was like that "wp8 apps will not work on wp8.1 devices till they are update for wp8.1"was this the tweet Daniel as I dont remember it properly.!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's true, but it isn't nothing new. Most wp7 apps needed to be updated for wp8 and some needed updating after one of the GDR updates. Hopefully enough will get updated so we can still enjoy our phones.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So does this means that there will be no wp8.1developer preview as if we install wp8.1 developer preview none of the apps will work if i am not wrong Or Microsoft will introduce a quick porting tool like nokia introduce for nokia x os which will make it easier for developer to port apps to wp8.1

Last edited:

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
According to the features list:
"Windows Phone 8.1 apps will not run on Windows Phone 8 devices without the 8.1 update. Windows Phone 8 apps will run on Windows Phone 8.1"

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's true, but it isn't nothing new. Most wp7 apps needed to be updated for wp8 and some needed updating after one of the GDR updates. Hopefully enough will get updated so we can still enjoy our phones.

bro just gone through old tweets of Daniel it was written wp8.1 apps will not work on wp8 devices till device is updated to wp8.1. Sorry guys i think i should have checked his tweet before posting this thread.
sorry once again

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
other way around... windows phone 8.1 apps wont work on windows phone 8... windows phone 8 apps will work on wp 8.1

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Its really no big deal, most android apps won't work on 4.1 or lower and a few that won't work on 4.4.2 but its just a few code changes and it won't take long to patch the ones that won't work if any at all. Its not like the whole app needs rewrote

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot that bad :). I don't even know if you'll be able to find any 3rd party 8.1 apps on day one. The SDK isn't even widely available yet and only a handful of developers wanting to use new features will be targeting 8.1 that soon.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
bro just gone through old tweets of Daniel it was written wp8.1 apps will not work on wp8 devices till device is updated to wp8.1. Sorry guys i think i should have checked his tweet before posting this thread.
sorry once again

You're fine, mistakes happen and there are worse things to misunderstand regarding 8.1 =p

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
How is this thread still going? It's been answered! A reading or comprehension error. Close it OP. Just causes confusion for those who don't read it all.

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So does this means that there will be no wp8.1developer preview as if we install wp8.1 developer preview none of the apps will work if i am not wrong Or Microsoft will introduce a quick porting tool like nokia introduce for nokia x os which will make it easier for developer to port apps to wp8.1
No offense but punctuation is a wonderful thing, particularly if you want people to follow what you are saying. The long and short answer in this case, if I am following your question, is WP 8.1 specific apps will not run on WP8 unless the OS is upgraded to WP 8 (which will be an option for all WP 8 devices). WP 8 apps will, however, work fine on WP 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077