"No Subject" in Group Messaging

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
This is one of my biggest peeves about Windows Phone messaging. Instead of a preview in the threads section or live tile, like you would get in a one-on-one text message, you get the words "no subject". There is no option to be found where you can even set a subject for a group text, so marking the thread "no subject" is irrelevant. A preview of the latest message in the group seems like it would be ideal. Has anyone else noticed this? Have any fixes to this that I am unaware of? Hopefully this will be a subtlety that is updated in WP 8.1!

Kristyjnh

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem too. It happens with group text, and for just a few contacts I have as well (iPhone users maybe?). I have no idea how to fix it.

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this problem personally, but my cousin does with a newly bought 520 on t-mobile. I have a 1020, one my friends has the icon, and another the 920 but only only the 520 shows the "no subject" thing. Do you guys have t-mobile or a 520?

drkrat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I just made the shift from AT&T to T-Mobile, and all our family's windows phones started having the issue immediately after the carrier change. I found that the iPhone has an option to turn off the subject line in SMS/MMS specifically to address this issue, but Windows Phone does not. Hopefully Windows 10 adds back the feature.

I called T-Mobile, and they were aware of the issue but claimed they could not do anything to fix it.

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with a 925 on Tmobile network. I had assumed it was the devices not playing well together. It sounds like a carrier issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss