WP8.1 : Features you want the most

tonyb81

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I just want to be able to open IE. Hit the home button, go back into IE and when I hit the back button it takes me to the previous web page not the home screen.

125DooDLe

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I would want the mobile data restriction to be removed. It is really annoying when you are travelling and you want to download a file larger than 50MB you can't download it by your mobile data you need wifi to download it.
I hope they rectify it and make it changeable by the user.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I want to be able to listen to my music through the cloud without having to pay for a music pass. Its a shame that Google and Apple have both implemented this. Or on my Xbox one. Come on Microsoft!!!

I don't know why people don't make a BIG deal of out this!!! Honestly this is so annoying. This is my most missed feature from Android. Google Music. Xbox Music is the most annoying of all the MS applications. I wish they would release a Bing Music app. This is really unacceptable especially when Nokia is popping phones without SD cards like there's no tomorrow.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
that is not missing , just long press any part of the screen (while the radio app is open of course) and you will get an option to play it through phone speakers
Well well thank you. Never knee that and honestly I don't understand why they made that a hidden feature.

Steve Hammond

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
One thing that stands out for me is more power / lock screen control.

I would love an option to not go into lock screen/power saving when directly connected to power. e.g. when mounted to car holder. Sounds simple enough but I can't find an option... :(

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Brightness slider ( along with increasing the lowest brightness settings to 2-3 nits as galaxy s5, to be comfy using it at night, or at least give developers the power to create Dimming apps such as Androids "Screen Filter"app)

2. Add an additional 4 scrollable toggles.(Brightness is an important one to be added to Quick Settings, why isnt it available?!!)

3. A Microphone button in the keyboard in order to be able to talk instead of typing in any app(Speech to text) (i.e. in Whatsapp, SMS, Line, etc...)

4. A REAL file manager

5. USB on the Go

6. DOUBLE TAP TO TURN OFF! WE REALLY WAITED FOR THIS ONE U GUYS!!!

7. A slider for the songs to be able to slide to wherever i wanna play! we r in 2014 for God's sake.

​8. To be able to keep the phone turned OFF when connected to a charger!!

9. If the access to Notifications wasnt from Top, and instead from the Left or with a gesture like Blackberry's.

Imagine someone with lumia 1520 holding it with one hand and wants to reach all the way to pull down the Action and notification center! Poor guy!

Last edited:

Davestrada

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I love Nokia and kinda love windows phone but I want Apps to be as good as in other platforms for WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 Whatsapp, Line... for example.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Smaller on-screen-keyboard, OTG, ability to view, delete, move + files, folders using the L625.

Back and forward buttons (<= =>) on IE11!

midix

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
OTG would be great. As I understand, they cancelled or postponed it?

Also, while I played with the 8.1 SDK, I noticed that they have redesigned Call History, as requested by users here:
Provide a detailed Call Log – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

but now there is one problem. While I scroll through the history log, I can accidentally touch a record instead of long pressing or swiping, and then my phone starts calling the person. I like the "old" WP8 approach better - it has that round call button to make a call for a history record. Yeah, I know, it requires more accurate press directly on the button but that is better than accidentally calling your boss late in evening while reviewing your calls.

NickMon68

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Swipe left once for apps, swipe left twice for games IE stop mixing them up I dont like that.
​Or Game swipe right, apps swipe left

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720