WP8.1 : Features you want the most

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP8.1: One Feature you would want the most to have?

my wish list is very small, just 2:
1. better access to file system. (now pocket file manager got it, but i still wish to be better. right not, u still cannot find files received from bluetooth, etc.)
2. more customization for volume controls.

Garrymp

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Smart Actions. I'm not sure if it was part of Android or a Motorola add on. My Droids has an native app called Smart Actions. You could tell it stuff like: 'If it's past 11 PM and the phone is on the charger THEN do not give notifications and lower the ring volume'. Or another one I used was: 'When I the phone is in the car dock turn off wifi and turn on Blue tooth'. And on the flip side of that 'when I arrive home turn off Bluetooth and turn on wifi. I found some of that stuff handy. Made the user experience more seamless.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

One other small thing, but predictive dialing based on past numbers would be helpful. One thing I miss from android was how I could just start dialing and the contact would pop up and I could hit send.

I know all of these things only amount to a few seconds here and a few seconds there, but that's how our brains are wired.

Windows Mobile had this and I loved it. Really miss that feature as well.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Smart Actions. I'm not sure if it was part of Android or a Motorola add on. My Droids has an native app called Smart Actions. You could tell it stuff like: 'If it's past 11 PM and the phone is on the charger THEN do not give notifications and lower the ring volume'. Or another one I used was: 'When I the phone is in the car dock turn off wifi and turn on Blue tooth'. And on the flip side of that 'when I arrive home turn off Bluetooth and turn on wifi. I found some of that stuff handy. Made the user experience more seamless.

I believe that geo-fencing is supposed to be in 8.1, which would do some of this.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

The only feature I want is for it to be released on all Windows Phone 8 devices.

Joking aside... I would actually love the ability to choose which app is used when I click to open a youtube clip somewhere.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

it is something. i never knew such smart actions app ever existed.
it will turn our phone literally into smart phone.
but hopefully, it should not turn us into dumb people. :winktongue:

weedog1889

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

An always on feature with a wakeup word for cortana so you wouldn't even need to touch your phone for some tasks.... Yes it would use more battery, but as with most things an on-off switch makes that optional

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

I want voice integration with Xbox Music Pass. I want to be able to say "Play song Royals by Lorde", "Play album 21 by Adele" or "Play playlist March Workout" and have it stream through Xbox Music Pass, even if the songs are not downloaded to my phone.

wpseo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Очень жду WP8.1 - кто на русском читает, очень много инфы на WPOS

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

Live tiles that are actually live

Saw an post on mynokiablog.com about devs having the ability to set tile update intervals for background tasks that do not have push notifications to update as quickly as one minute. WP 8.1 to Support 1 Minute Background Update Intervals + Hints of WP 8.5 : My Nokia Blog

Hopefully that will help with this problem! I have also always wondered why they called them "Live Tiles" when a lot of them aren't.

Garrymp

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I believe that geo-fencing is supposed to be in 8.1, which would do some of this.
Right, I just saw that last night. I seems like the geo-fencing will provide the foundation for "If-This-Than-That but we still need an app built around it to do what I'm looking for. That's my take. But there is supposed to be a native night mode built into 8.1 which is nice.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Ability to snap 2 apps at the same time on 6" devices.

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

If true, then removing Facebook integration from the people hub is regrettable. This was the feature that sold it to my in-laws.

Installing and running apps on storage cards is the biggie for me.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Audible, persistent, reminders that I missed a text/call/etc...
iPhone flashes the LED, Android has notification LEDs, and Windows Phone has talked about pulsating the Windows button, but none help if the phone is in my coat pocket and I'm on the motorcycle.
My wife's old feature phone beeped at her, every few minutes.
Any kind of persistent reminding is great, though.
I shouldn't have to turn my screen on to realize that I missed something.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6