Creating nrew messenger contact

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
I'm trying to get my fianc?e to switch to Windows Phone from an iPhone (her contract is up in July, so we have to wait a bit). But I'm letting her 'test drive' my Lumia 520 and I've been trying to set it up so I can message her via messenger since the phone doesn't have service and I can't text her. I cannot figure out how to add her as a contact. She's in my Skype list, that didn't work. It seems to me that she needs to be friend from the old, discontinued live messenger. My friend told me the only what he could get his girlfriend on it was by using Live messenger, which is no longer available. Is there any way I can get her on there? Do I have to wait until Microsoft include Skype into the messaging hub or is there another way?

Thanks!

FlavioV

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Messenger stands for Windows Live Messenger, which actually works on WP (at a PC you would need to download Messenger Reviver to make it work).

Skype works only at the official app, still not integrated into the Messaging hub. So download Skype app or come back to Messenger lol

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Messenger stands for Windows Live Messenger, which actually works on WP (at a PC you would need to download Messenger Reviver to make it work).

Skype works only at the official app, still not integrated into the Messaging hub. So download Skype app or come back to Messenger lol

Thank you! That worked. I hope they fix it in 8.1.
I did find out that you can find live usernames by searching in Skype "live:<<Live Username>>", but I was still unable to add her to my contact list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans