Missing Apps! Missing Apps! Does WP8 have any that IOS/Android don't?

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
We always hear complaints from all over that WP is beautiful, that WP is smooth, but the BIGGEST complaint is that the apps just aren't there. My question is maybe in many parts, but what apps are all these people looking for? How many does a person need and/or actually use? I have never searched for a TYPE of app that I couldn't find. There are SPECIFIC apps that I have not found, but most of the time there are alternatives that work.

Back to the original question...Does Windows Phone have apps that the other platforms lack and that are desirable? I get it that Android is the largest platform and developers go after the big fish. I get it.

Maybe I am just getting tired of hearing it. I'm not a big app user and maybe that is why. I'm definitely behind the times being both older and a new smartphone user, but I just don't get the "no apps" "no apps" cry I continually hear. My phone does everything I need it to do. I know I am not representative of the smartphone user population, but how much of it is "this is what I have always used and and WP doesn't have it, so I'm going to say it is crap"? I started with a clean slate (WP 1st smartphone), so I'm just looking for functionality, not specific apps.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. :smile:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Lumosity, TD Bank, Exak Time for my Business, anything career related medical, construction, engineering, education, home and building management systems, just to name a few. But hopefully this issue will change steadily of course.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Lumosity, TD Bank, Exak Time for my Business, anything career related medical, construction, engineering, education, home and building management systems, just to name a few. But hopefully this issue will change steadily of course.

I think you misread the title of this thread. We're talking apps WP8 has that iOS and Android don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon