WP 8.1 Update process

Status
Not open for further replies.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes, you will still have all the Nokia apps!

2. Also yes, unfortunately it will void your warranty. But when the 8.1 Update is officially released for everyone, nobody will notice that you had the preview before! ;) (When you delete the 'preview for devs' app, of course)

So when Nolia release oficialy with sone codename like "Blue" etc. I will get update and it will be like i never had preview ibstalled ?

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So when Nolia release oficialy with sone codename like "Blue" etc. I will get update and it will be like i never had preview ibstalled ?

It's not about Nokia it's about Microsoft.

If you updated to the Developer Preview you already have the update before the normal consumers. When those get the 8.1 Update, everybody will have exactly the same OS version, the developers and the consumers. If you really want that nobody can see anymore that you made the update via the preview, you can unsubscribe to the preview in the app and delete the app. (But you won't get the preview updates anymore.)
In case your Lumia breaks when the 8.1 update is officially released for everyone and you send it to Nokia for repair, they won't notice your early update via the dev prev.

When Nokia says they will make an own feature update, like 'Black' or 'Amber' in addition to 8.1, you will get it alone without the 8.1 update (because you already have that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss