Since losing Rowi, what's best?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Rowi was my go to app when it came to twitter but it sadly passed the token total a few months back, Anyone have a good solid twitter app they use? I'm currently using the official twitter which is just ok.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Same here. On Windows 8.1 Tweetium is awesome so it would be great if it came to WP8. What about Gleek? Is it still around? I used for a while and it was Ok.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Same here. On Windows 8.1 Tweetium is awesome so it would be great if it came to WP8. What about Gleek? Is it still around? I used for a while and it was Ok.

Tweetium just passed its token limit a few days ago :-\ Gleek was ok like you said was a little to much options on it for my liking lol

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Loved Rowi! I was able to install it on my 1520 and it's functional but no matter how I adjust the settings, the tweet-marker doesn't work so it automatically refreshes to new tweets every time I open it.

When I use Gleek it will randomly shut itself down and returns to the home screen. Cowlick is pretty okay but since Rowi's demise, I've found myself using Mehdoh more than the other apps.

It's really all about which app works best for your needs.

Last edited:

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Loved Rowi! I was able to install it on my 1520 and it's functional but no matter how I adjust the settings, the tweet-marker doesn't work so it automatically refreshes to new tweets every time I open it.

When I use Gleek it will randomly shut itself down and returns to the home screen. Cowlick is pretty okay but since Rowi's demise, I've found myself using Mehdoh more than the other apps.

It's really all about which app works best for your needs.

Rowi was a great wee app pity so many liked it lol, I forgot about Medoh that was a nice twitter app Im going to give that ago again to see if its changed much :)

stonedauwg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I tried a bunch and settled on Peregrine (even over Rowi, back when it was still around!) for my 1020. Its unique feature is "streaming" you feed so you never actually have to click/pull etc to refresh the tweets.

twentythreee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using Tweet It! as a replacement for Rowi.
It's sometimes a bit buggy, but has all the functionality I need (multiple accounts, scroll to top after refresh, unfollow listings).

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I loved rowi myself. I think it was the best twitter app ever on win phone. Right now I'm using the official twitter app. Real simple, not many options but it does it intended purpose. I use tweetium on my dv8p which is nice. I'm looking for a better twitter app myself so I'm going to keep an eye on this thread

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have gave Medoh ago nice little twitter app which i think i might keep, going to give some of the other twitter apps ago as well that were mentioned above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb