Boot Logo for WP. 8.1 (they should change)

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guy! Before I start this thread I made a research and I didn't found nothing about it.

So, I really think they should change their boot logo for Windows Phone, that blue screen seems so static and ugly for me.

Not just for better looking, and user experience, but for a better marketing.
Windows Phone has a amazing interface, but that logo, is awful. :eek:rly:

What you guys think about that? :smile:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I really don't care how it looks. I don't see it often,maybe once in few months)) What impact will it have on marketing it stays there for less than 10sec? How often do you reboot your phone anyway?))

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
If you take a look at the videos leaked showing windows phone booting on a laptop, there are two videos actually, you will see that the boot screen is unified with windows 8, although this might mean nothing.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
ok, we don't reboot our system a lot of time, but the boot screen is the first thing a new user will see when he got a new WP device, should be more "enjoyable".

If you already have a device some time ago, may not mean anything, but for a new user can be attractive.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I can't say I feel the same. Something I see couple times a month for a few seconds is hardly enjoyable anyway... The current logo follows the metro guidelines to the point - it's simple and clean.

The only real purpose of the bootscreen is to let the user know that the OS is booting as it should.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I like the current light blue screen! Simple, clean and pretty. Just like Windows Phone. I do like the newer Windows logo better than the flag.

I supposed it could "do something" (like morph from the head-on-view squares of the Microsoft logo into the at-an-angle Windows logo) but as little as people need to restart their phones, I'd rather Microsoft spend their time elsewhere. I think most people that would be trying a WP for the first time would probably be using a demo device in a store that's already booted up. When I was looking at getting a new phone I never saw the boot screen for iPhone or Android either, and it wouldn't have matter if it was better than WP's I was shoping based on other criteria.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
How is a boot screen a marketing aspect? I would think that 95% of users won't see the boot screen until after a purchase is made. Commercials don't show the phone booting up, and in-store devices to try out are already turned on.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
How is a boot screen a marketing aspect? I would think that 95% of users won't see the boot screen until after a purchase is made. Commercials don't show the phone booting up, and in-store devices to try out are already turned on.
True, i forgot how it looks already, brb need to reboot to see lol...

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
WP7 boot logo looked awesome!!
Yes, it definitely was. I saw it on The Gadget Show:World Tour and I was just thinking, why don't we have something like this now? I was really impressed with it, and the WP8 boot logo is nothing compared to it(in goodness).

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I like the current light blue screen! Simple, clean and pretty. Just like Windows Phone. I do like the newer Windows logo better than the flag.

I simply hate the new Windows logo. The flag logo looked beautiful to me, with the different glossy colours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)