Safe to charge phone every night?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I charge my 820 overnight if going out first thing in the morning or in the evening if it has run really low during that day. If it not going out till later the next day I will put it on charge an hour or two before I am due to go out. Also depends if I am driving some distance somewhere when I can charge it in the car or will be at work when I can charge it in the works van. More carefull to be fully charged before going out on foot somewhere for the day.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I can sum this up thusly.

For your charging methodology, you can either

1) Read articles on the internet regarding battery conditioning and follow the steps detailed. Alternate days/weeks with different methods if you want to.
2) Charge the phone whenever you feel like it for as long as you want to.

Both methods will result in largely similar battery life for as long as you keep your phone (for a smartphone, that'll be 2-3 years).

Peoples use of their phones (and therefore actual batter usage) varies over time, so any savings based on specific charging methods is going to be hard to quantify.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Smartphones use smart batteries which on 100% switches to cable power that is ur charger and returns to battery power after being disconnected.

Its totally safe for your device.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Smartphones use smart batteries which on 100% switches to cable power that is ur charger and returns to battery power after being disconnected.

Its totally safe for your device.
Even "dumb" batteries do what you are trying to describe. This is no different than what happens with a battery in a car except that the lithium batteries in a cell phone do not have a self discharge so the charging can actually stop when needed. It isn't that the batteries are smart or dumb, it is the charging mechanism that has the smarts. When plugged it, the charging system reduces the "charging" to exactly what the phone is consuming so there is no charge into or out of the battery. It is the physics of the situation. That is why, for the most part, just charge when ever you want as stated in #2 of the previous post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium