Screenshots of Keyboards and Speech Packs in WP8

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Here are the screenshots of all the Keyboards and Speech Packs available in WP8 GDR3 (Lumia Black).

Attachments

• WP8_ALL_KEYBOARDS.png
    WP8_ALL_KEYBOARDS.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WP8_ALL_SPEECH_PACKS.png
    WP8_ALL_SPEECH_PACKS.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 3

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
LOL, I myself feel this is silly. This is for those who do not own a WP8 device and want to see which languages are supported in keyboards and speech section. And they have not a WP8 device nearby.

Last edited:

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
LOL, I myself feel this is silly. This is for those who do not own a WP8 device and want to see which languages are supported in keyboards and speech section. And they have not a WP8 device nearby.

How do we access the speech pack section, cuz when i open the speech setting on my wp8, i can only see speech language...

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
How do we access the speech pack section, cuz when i open the speech setting on my wp8, i can only see speech language...

The names of the voices seen in last three screenshots are taken from an app called "TALK2ME". First select the language in Speech and it will download and install itself. Then open the app and select the voice. Speech Section does not show the name of the voice.

talk2me | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Modern Speech Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So those voice packs are only available in those distinct apps and don't set the phone's voice...

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
So those voice packs are only available in those distinct apps and don't set the phone's voice...

No they are available in start button also. These voices are from Microsoft. But Microsoft only displays language and gender of the voice. The code names of the voices are visible only in third part apps. You do not need third party apps for voice search and speech to text. They only extend functionality. You can write any sentence and convert it to speech with above apps. There is no built-in function like iPhone to select text and speak. The above apps do this.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss