Is Windows Phone worth to switch?

elnatura

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
At all, I don't like the Trident engine (IE), but I prefer WebKit (Safari, preivous Chrome versions) or Blink.(newer Chrome versions).
Here in Germany, HERE Maps also doesn't work correctly, but Google Maps is the winner here. Don't know about Apple Maps. Does IE Mobile show you every site properly?

Last edited:

elnatura

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I use it on the PC and I don't like that it isn't smooth. Use the AMazon app on Windows 8. You can feel the trident engine. It's not only the IE, it's everywhere. Amazon isn't IE.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and a Ferrari will go faster than a Fiat 500... what's your point, that a high-end, $700 phone works faster than a low-end, $150 phone?

Wow, I'm impressed.

People keep saying in this forum that Windows phone does not need high specs to run better than the competition...

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
it doesn't that's why the icon and 1520 are such monsters ;-)

I am not saying that WP is junk....I use a window 8.1 computer at home....so it would nice to have a WP to go with...I'm just waiting for a good WP to match.....I have yet to find a WP that would be good in internet browsing.....That is all is missing for me......

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't WP have a reasonable Web Browser?
it depends what you find reasonable.
I find it adequate, Harry hates it, Carolin loves it...................all different people with there own opinions.
Its the same with the os or the hardware, you love it, or you don't

webbrowsing on a phone is not my first choise, in fact i hate it.
But i find my way anyway.

I got a Droid tablet aswel, and yes there are many webbrowsers.
Btw i like the dolphinbrowser in Droid.
But they are all inconsistent, they do not work the same in different configurations or settings.
I don't no how or why but when ever i use my wp8x i never get the "google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" error. ;-)

And the comparison between a Note3 and a L520 .......c'mon
Try atleast a Droid with the same specs and then talk again.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
it depends what you find reasonable.
I find it adequate, Harry hates it, Carolin loves it...................all different people with there own opinions.
Its the same with the os or the hardware, you love it, or you don't

webbrowsing on a phone is not my first choise, in fact i hate it.
But i find my way anyway.

I got a Droid tablet aswel, and yes there are many webbrowsers.
Btw i like the dolphinbrowser in Droid.
But they are all inconsistent, they do not work the same in different configurations or settings.
I don't no how or why but when ever i use my wp8x i never get the "google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" error. ;-)

And the comparison between a Note3 and a L520 .......c'mon
Try atleast a Droid with the same specs and then talk again.

is droid android phone??

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
anyway I sold my note 3 tonight so I'm free of contract.....for sure I will be looking pretty hard on the Lumia's phone on the next few days.......And probably I'll be waiting for the next generation of phone before I go for it.....for now I'll have to make the 520 working for me until then....

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Here in Germany, HERE Maps also doesn't work correctly, but Google Maps is the winner here.

...what ?!
In what way does it not work in germany ?
I use it all the time and it works great and even offline which is good for regions where you have very slow mobil data connection.

elnatura

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
HERE Maps showed my wrong routes. What is interested for me is if Windows Phone Apps are more stable and functionable than Android apps or not. What about those apps compared to iOS apps. If WP8.1 and its apps will be stable and functionable, I'll stick with WP8.1 .

elnatura

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've researched for a while for android phones. But simply none of them has a proper camera. Then, it's the race between the iPhone 6 and a flagship Nokia Lumia.I like WP8's simplicity, but the apps seem to have a poor quality and some webpages are set for webkit but not for trident. But whenever I watch at those live-tiles, I could go for WP8. Unfortunately I detected that iPhones have a more proper camera than Lumia Icon. In a few cases, the iPhone had swooshes, while the Lumia was still the same. Christina Warren from Mashable tried the WP8 and came to the point, it's about developers' but not Microsoft's fault. It is a real close race, but I tend slightly to the iPhone- if there wouldn't be the iTunes force. I also read some negative posts here about Windows Phone 8 and its immature ecosystem.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
. I also read some negative posts here about Windows Phone 8 and its immature ecosystem.

The same i read about Ios, troubles al over the place.
Poor quality apps?
well you have aprox 250.000 apps to choose from, you must have a pretty big storage if you load them all.
Do you realy think that there arent poor apps in the Applestore, think again.

I believe you have read some Applefanboy fora, but the users problems fora

elnatura

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
App quality: Like facebook app and some others that aren't programmed well or with love.
It was no Apple forum but apple sympathisants, before they got punched by android fans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo