Have duplicates of some contacts

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have something odd that has been going on for awhile, and it is getting annoying. On my contacts list some of them are duplicated. Months ago I went through the process of delinking all of the Hotmail/Live contact links, and then filtering out the Hotmail contacts, and have just been keeping my contacts updated on Live.com. But, for awhile now, I've been having an issue where all of the sudden some of my contacts are duplicate again, but this time both are listed as under Live. And I even noticed on a recent one that when I updated an address on Live.com, it was only synced with one of the two contacts for that person on the phone. Any idea what could be going on?

For the listed accounts I have three listed under contact settings:
Microsoft Account (xxxx@live.com)
Live (xxxx@live.com)
Google (xxx@gmail.com)

For the Microsoft and Live accounts, it lists the same email address. The Google account has no contacts associated with it.
For the Filter, I have show contacts from Live, and do not show contacts from Hotmail.

In the email + account settings
Microsoft account (xxxx@live.com, though it is nicknamed hotmail, email is not set to sync, and there is no contacts option)
Live account (xxxx@live.com, set to sync email, contacts, calendar, and tasks)
Yahoo mail (no info regarding contacts, and this is never showing up in the contact list)
Google (xxx@gmail.com, set to sync email and calendar)

Any ideas?

Mark

msweig

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried turning off the contact sync for my live account, and all the contacts on my phone were removed. So I reselected it, and all the duplicates disappeared (and the correct ones disappeared, so I have the correct info). So that appears to have fixed it (at least for now). Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett