Photos and Music+Videos Hubs not detecting files, possibly after soft reset or the GDR/Black update.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
So, My photos and music+videos hub were showing duplicates for a long time. I was waiting for the Black update to sort it out. Deleted all the songs/photos/vids and performed a soft reset (before the update). Updated to black and imported the music and photos. The libraries show that the folder is empty/lonely or whatever they call it. The files are definitely there as I can see them when I connect to my computer, but I can't find them in the library. Hell, I even took some photos which I can't see in the hub, but connect the phone to a computer and Bam! They're there. The music files, however can be accessed by the "recently added" tab in the Music hub. I guess the libraries/ hubs aren't updating properly? Please don't tell me to hard reset as I can't afford to lose all the app data and game saves.

Last edited:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
So, My photos and music+videos hub were showing duplicates for a long time. I was waiting for the Black update to sort it out. Deleted all the songs/photos/vids and performed a soft reset (before the update). Updated to black and imported the music and photos. The libraries show that the folder is empty/lonely or whatever they call it. The files are definitely there as I can see them when I connect to my computer, but I can't find them in the library. Hell, I even took some photos which I can't see in the hub, but connect the phone to a computer and Bam! They're there. The music files, however can be accessed by the "recently added" tab in the Music hub. I guess the libraries/ hubs aren't updating properly? Please don't tell me to hard reset as I can't afford to lose all the app data and game saves.

Sorry for the late reply. But try these steps:
1. Sync some new music using the Windows phone app for desktop (search for it). See if they appear in the hub.
2. If they appear, then copy all music to your PC and then disconnect the phone and go to music hub and delete all the files. Reconnect and sync and hopefully it should fix it.
If the new files don't appear, and you have a SD card in the phone, then delete the folder names WPSetting or System in the SD card (it is a hidden folder though).
Now go to the Music folder on your phone memory and delete the four hidden folders named Album, Artist, Podcast and something I don't remember. Restart your phone now.

Let me know if it helps you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss