Cannot Start Windows Phone 8.1 Emulator on Windows 8 ...

souvikray123

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to start windows phone 8.1 emulator on windows 8 without running it from visual studio 2013 .. I ran the command ---> xde -vhd "<path to sdcard.vhd>" .. It starts but then this shows up :Untitled.jpg

So any solution ??? Is it necessary to have windows phone 8.1 emulator only on windows 8.1 ??? I mean if I don't run it from visual studio then it should run fine on windows 8 too , won't it ??

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how to answer your question exactly. I have never heard of a windows phone emulator. So that's neat. Is it made by Microsoft? Also I'm confused why you are still on Windows 8 when the Windows 8.1 is a free update. Maybe if you updated the PC OS it would fix your problem.

souvikray123

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Bro , by emulator I mean the one that comes with visual studio 2013 to test your app as you would on your phone .. Actually , I am not a developer .. I just wanted to see how the UI is and a few of the features .. And , actually I had updated to windows 8.1 but then there were serious mouse issues with my touchpad driver and so I went back to win 8 .. Because without the driver a few useful features of the touchpad aren't available ...

Leroykthx

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
the emulator/simulator requires you to have specific things enabled in bios or efi/supported by your hardware, otherwise it won't run. this is the same for us developers. it's not rocket science to figure out ;)

souvikray123

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I ran the microsoft coreinfo and it showed the requirements are enabled i.e. slat , vitualization and there was another thing whose name i am forgetting ... Anyways , i have those things enabled ....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion