USB OTG in WP 8.1

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
if it comes will it support the present phones like 1520 or will it be limited to the upcoming phones only?

It would require a new phone with an AB port.

I just hope this is true, tho I feel like it isn't. Since it will only be present on the new phones. And it hasn't been mentioned even once till now.
---
The guy even said it will work on every WP8.1 device which is wrong (unless all WP8 devices already have MicroUSB AB ports, which highly doubt).

Something's fishy here.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I just hope this is true, tho I feel like it isn't. Since it will only be present on the new phones. And it hasn't been mentioned even once till now.
---
The guy even said it will work on every WP8.1 device which is wrong (unless all WP8 devices already have MicroUSB AB ports, which highly doubt).

Something's fishy here.

I've known many androids to have OTG once tweaked or something, and none of those have the square B port AFAIK

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

---

Something's fishy here.

True enough, but where there's a will, there's an adapter :)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure?
One thing is a intended USB OTG which is enabled by default by the manufacter. Another thing are some DIY adapters, ROM flashes and other hacks to enable it.
I don't see the point of having a MicroUSB AB Port if you can do everything even on a standard B port.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
can somebody explain to me what exactly is USB on the go and it's advantages, i'm not sure i get it.

time, will and bing doesn't help me much xD.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Its basicly the ability for your phone to act as a host, so you can plug in a mouse/keyboard/any storage drive/cameras/anything in it via the USB. On regular phones you cant do that, you can only do that on phones with USB OTG enabled.

This is the first time I head OTG is possible without an AB port on your device, but if it's true - great!
Tho I do like when my phone comes with something enabled by default and the cable in the box, not when I have to find workarounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon