General Questions - Slow IE11 on Startup

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

I have lots of general questions about my PC and thought I would set about finding answers to them from the kind people of the internet.

These will usually just be questions I ask myself when using my PC on a daily basis along the lines of "I wonder why that happens".

My first question: When I start up my PC and hop onto IE11, it takes a while to load up the pages. This confuses me as my internet speed is ok (a quick test just now shows 10mbs down, 2mbs up) and my PC is pretty powerful. After a few minutes I'm back into swift browsing speeds, its just this initial slowness that confuses me and I ask: "why does that happen". Should I just put my PC to sleep when not using it instead of powering off?

I appreciate any answers and I'm grateful for your time reading this post.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Disabling add-ons didn't seem to do much.

I've stopped a few apps from booting on system start-up such as Steam, Curse, Splashtop etc which has helped slightly.

Best thing is just putting the PC to sleep when not in use, but thanks for your suggestion.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The other thing to do is reset IE back to defaults:

Tools, Internet Options, Advance, select the "reset" button at the bottom of the tab. You will get the option of removing your personal settings, skip that part. Or only select it as a last resort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99