SMS history is confusing

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Let's say I have two not-linked contacts called "Mr. Ben (FR)" and "Mr. Ben (DE)". I have to do this because otherwise Windows Phone won't let me text both mobile numbers, just the first one. If I text "Mr. Ben (FR)", the history appears under both "Mr. Ben (FR)" and "Mr. Ben (DE)". This is confusing if the contacts are the same person, but far more of a problem if they are different people.

I'm not entirely sure how to induce the problem since it doesn't always happen. It might be if WP automatically links the contacts, and then you break the link. I'm not sure yet.

Can anyone provide more info on the topic?

AgnishB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Nope. wen u chat, see at bottom. There is a double arrow sign. It allows to switch between Facebook chat, and text. If u have more than one no fr a contact. It allows to select which one to send to. Bt u wnt knw which no he is replying frm

AgnishB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Do u hav two accounts fr same name 2 person, or to send message to one person on particular number. If its second case, this is ur solution

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the tip.

More generally speaking, I still get history merging between different people with similar names, who are saved as separate contacts. That must be a bug?

AgnishB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have contacts with the same name bt diiferent surname. Bt ibhave had to manually link their accounts with the contacts. Nd I have never had the problem which u are having

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Try making the surname the same, then unlink them after WP auto-links them. History will probably merge.

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99