Push Notifications

Mark Verhagen

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, i have been an android user for 4 years now and wanted to try something else. (coming from a Note 3)
So i borrowed an old Lumia 800 from a friend and i fell in love with the device, the only bad thing about it was my Whatsapp notifications came in late or only when i unlock the screen or opened whatsapp.
I thought it was because of the outdated OS (wp 7.8) i was also missing apps in the marketplace.

So after using it for 2 weeks i wanted to test things out on a newer device so i bought a new Lumia 625.
Device is awesome (screen is a little cheap though but hey it's a budget phone) but after installing and configureing my device i noticed the same problem with whatsapp and Ngram/Miragram.
The push notifications were bugged again, comming in late or only when i opened whatsapp or unlock my device.
I have been searching for 3 weeks now and still no answers.
And yes i have turned on the option to keep wifi alive when screen is locked and disabled batt saving when it's low, gave my device multiple hard resets (button combo version and from the OS)
I have been following up all advices so far but nothing works.

I really don't want to go back to android cuz im tired of all the little hickups lagsauces and what not.

Please someone help me......:crying:

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Might aswell go back to Android Windows Phone is slacking may look good at first but slacks a lot, all apps have slow push notifications deal with it.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
For the time, push notifications are a problem. The update with the notification menu should fix all of the issues you mentioned. Just be patient. Its coming in a couple of months. Hopefully carriers don't lag on the update. We've waited for four years. I think a couple of months for new users should be ok.

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
That's weird as my notifications work just fine. Maybe it is due to your internet connection? Have you tried different wifis?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I always recomend this, sometimes help, turn on battery saver, make sure the heart shape shows on the battery indicator, then turn it off. Do the same with flight mode.

This should refresh all background activities.

Tell us what happens.

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Well I tried it and nothing. I always have to wait till The phone checks the server to get my emails or I force it to refresh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon