privew program

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi! to day 19/3 I created a deve account and sign up for the program, when I check for updates although I have Black installed on my 720 my phone said that there is an available update.:straight:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's part of the process of being in the preview program. You need to install things for the phone to accept the preview.

There's nothing wrong.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your service providers idea of their warranty. If you have issues with your phone after you've installed preview builds of the OS, they may not support you (they may say that you don't have the software that they've tested and provided you with).

So, if your phone bricks for some reason, you may not receive support/replacement.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It depends on your service providers idea of their warranty. If you have issues with your phone after you've installed preview builds of the OS, they may not support you (they may say that you don't have the software that they've tested and provided you with).

So, if your phone bricks for some reason, you may not receive support/replacement.

If your phone is completely bricked, they won't know what OS version you have anyway! If it's just really messed up, you can use the Nokia software that was released a few weeks ago to install the latest official OS for your phone. If it fixed the issue (was software problem), than you're good, and your carrier won't even know there was ever an issue, and if it doesn't, than it's a hardware issue (and you're back on their official OS, so...) you will be OK.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's true.

But it assumes:-
a) You have a Nokia Phone
b) The user knows about the Nokia software and knows how to restore the "official" OS/Firmware

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That's true.

But it assumes:-
a) You have a Nokia Phone
b) The user knows about the Nokia software and knows how to restore the "official" OS/Firmware

Well, that was in regards to the Opening poster, who indicated that they have Black on their 720, so no doubt it's a Nokia, and they're posting here, so now they know about the recovery software (because we told them).

The Microsoft developer preview software isn't something you'll stumble upon in the store, it's hidden. And has a lot of text that says things about not going back, and a single checkmark. If an average consumer stumbled on it, they would likely not know what it was, and uninstall it, or leave it alone. So no worries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes