Do software recovery tool have the same effect as factory reset?

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey

The question is simple, it is the same? Or not. I am asking because of my recent problem (http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/268856-normal.html)

As I already tried everything and this is the last thing I am willing to try before going to Nokia Care center (and it was advised from Nokia) I can give it a try. But if it has the same effect as factory reset its useless as I already tried factory reset.

Anyone knows? Thanks in advice

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No. If you somehow bricked the phone that you have no way to boot up the phone, software recovery tool from the manufacturer may be able to force flash a firmware to get the phone working. That's the only difference it will make compared to factory reset.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
No. If you somehow bricked the phone that you have no way to boot up the phone, software recovery tool from the manufacturer may be able to force flash a firmware to get the phone working. That's the only difference it will make compared to factory reset.

Well as you can see my problem is with display and Nokia adviced me to use software recovery tool.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It could be software. A factory reset will just delete everything that was not on the phone from the factory, and restoring it back to the base OS that was on it. If you do the software recovery tool, the end result should be the same, with the added benefit that if the preinstalled OS was corrupted in some way (it can and does happen sometime), this will download the current version and overwrite what was on it already.

In short, I would try that too, and if that doesn't help, than at least you've 100% eliminated the software. And if it does, all the better :)

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It could be software. A factory reset will just delete everything that was not on the phone from the factory, and restoring it back to the base OS that was on it. If you do the software recovery tool, the end result should be the same, with the added benefit that if the preinstalled OS was corrupted in some way (it can and does happen sometime), this will download the current version and overwrite what was on it already.

In short, I would try that too, and if that doesn't help, than at least you've 100% eliminated the software. And if it does, all the better :)

​Thank you for advice ! :)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The software recovery tool is a bit more than a factory reset. It will clear everything off the phone to blank device, reinstall or upgrade to the current firmware, then re-copy the operating system back onto the phone, do a little house keeping, then set it to a factory fresh state.

I have a gut feeling that somewhere in the process it will also do a check disk type of test on the internal storage to make sure things aren't corrupted when copying things back to the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro