Display less 720p my idea(a new tile size)

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I dont know wether i am too late to post this but still i wanted to share this idea..
i dnt think that Lumia wp having display less than or equal to 4.3inch wil be getting an extra column of tiles but we can have a new tile size of 3X2(3-horizontal,2 vertical).
this wolud defintly give us more costamization option.i have posted an image also.
download (3).jpg

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
The issue with that is that developers would have to create ANOTHER image for their tiles. Its a lot of work. You already currently need 9 if you have a special image for a live tile.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The issue with that is that developers would have to create ANOTHER image for their tiles. Its a lot of work. You already currently need 9 if you have a special image for a live tile.

This.
Instead of 3*2 tile, I'd rather go for an extra column of small tiles, so 5 small columns or 2 normal + 1 small or 1 wide + 1 small.

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
It's optional, like the wide tile we have now - not every app supports it, so it sound like a good idea. Although I would really love a vertical wide tile. The developers would be able to choose supported formats.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I used to think this, but MS could make it possible to choose "unusual" sizes only for iconic tiles. In that case, developers would continue to provide just the medium and small icons along with the three lines of text. MS would handle layout. The same idea wouldn't work for Flip and Cycle tiles and MS might not want to introduce the inconsistency of some tiles being fully adjustable while others have just three sizes.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

will, technically, not A LOT OF WORK, just adding one more "selection" to array, and then if they want to have flip-able tile with lots of image like photo hub tile, you can just set width and height and do ..... yeah that is lot of work......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb