SD Card music files not found

Malcolm Burtt

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I've got a Nokia Lumia 620 that's recently had the Black update.

For various reasons I decided to reformat my SD card and then load my music library from scratch. I've now synchronised it 3 times (twice with Windows Media Player and once with the Windows Phone synch app) but my phone just won't recognise the files. I've had this working before now but I just don't seem to be able to get any music to show now.

If I hook the phone up to my PC I can see all the files sitting in the Music folder but if I go to the phone and navigate to Settings -> Phone Storage and look at the summary content of the SD card it shows zero Music files but a large volume of data listed as "Other".

I've tried a soft reset but that didn't kick it into life either.

Ideas anyone?

AnkitV

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Facing similar problem on a smaller level... After formatting the sd card phone isn't recognizing the 'Downloaded Maps'. As mentioned, they are being shown on 'Others' section. Soft reset didn't help. Reformatting and re insertion too went in vain!

Malcolm Burtt

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I've also realised that any photos that I take on the camera are not being recognised by the standard camera and photo applications. They are treated as the "Other" file type as well although I can read them perfectly if I plug the phone into my computer and browse the SD card.

Its also interesting that the Hipstamatic Oggl camera app doesn't have these problems at all. All of the pictures that it takes are shown in its gallery view.

Could this be a fault in the latest Black update?

Malcolm Burtt

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorted!

Last night I bit the bullet and did a hard reset on my phone (not entirely pain free but not awful either). Once I had done this the SD card started functioning normally and I now have access to both music and pictures stored on it. I've re-synched my music library using my weapon of choice (WMP) and now have an SD card full of music and a phone that actually acknowledges that there is music there to play.

Phew! Happy days again. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss