I recently had to replace my Lumia 928 due to a cracked screen. In the interest of saving space, I decided not to move my Camera Roll onto my new phone, since it's all backed up on Sky Drive (and archived on my PC). However, when I browse the "Camera Roll from SkyDrive" album, I am only seeing pictures from early October up until today. However, I have confirmed that all the pictures I have taken since I got the phone in late July are on Sky Drive. Any idea why I'm not seeing everything, and if there is something I can change to make it so I can see everything?

Thanks in advance

-Joe
    03-20-2014 10:01 PM
    If you are trying to find the pictures taken from your old phone on your new phone, they are in a separate folder. Instead of "camera roll", it will show on your phone "camera roll from SkyDrive".
    03-20-2014 10:41 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I got that part, I see the "Camera Roll from SkyDrive" album. My problem is that not all of the pictures that I've verified to be on SkyDrive are showing up in the "Camera Roll from SkyDrive" album. If I go onto SkyDrive, that folder contains pictures going all the way back to early August or so. But when I view the album on the phone (via the Photos application), I only see pictures from early October on. My question is why am I only seeing some of the pictures that are on SkyDrive when I view the album on my phone?
    03-21-2014 05:16 AM
    Put them in separate folders. Do not keep all images in single folder.
    03-21-2014 05:32 AM
    Ray, are you implying that the phone album can only pull so many images from any one SkyDrive folder, or is what you are recommending more of a best practice?
    03-21-2014 07:27 AM
    No, I don't think ray is implying that. I don't have this issue you are describing. I had the same thought as ray, create this new folder and move all of them into it. It will "reset" itself if you will and perhaps all the photos will show up.

I actually moved my SkyDrive camera roll folder in SD to inside the Pictures folder as well as my saved and mobile uploads. I just wanted to streamline/organize all my pics. I was amazed it knew where to auto upload the photos.

The issue I still have, as well as many others, is the albums in the photo hub don't all have thumbnail covers but are grey tiles.
    03-21-2014 07:42 AM
    I might be wrong but I think you can only see the first 1000 images in any single folder on Skydrive/Onedrive.

I originally organized my old photos into folders by year but couldn't see all the images on my phone. This only affected folders with more than 1000 pictures. I've since added monthly folders under each year.

The extra layer of folders is annoying but less so than not being able to see all the pictures...
    03-21-2014 07:59 AM
    Ray, are you implying that the phone album can only pull so many images from any one SkyDrive folder, or is what you are recommending more of a best practice?
    It is better to keep amount of files in single folder as low as you can. OneDrive API has limitation on how mush files you can see. Also organizing photos in albums seems mush better to keeps tham, at least on my opinion. :)
    03-21-2014 12:34 PM