Windows phone become slow after months ?

BerenErchamion

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Dear all !

Tired of iOS and iPhone, I switched few months ago to a Lumia 620. I'm globally happy of Windows Phone, which is the best smartphones OS I tested.

But, I've got some issues with my 620 (it could seem I'm not in the good forum, but wait :winktongue:).

The screen become unresponsive with time. And it become worst and worst? The phone finish to be unusable at all. I could resolve it by soft and/or hard reset, removing SD Card, updates, etc. But after any of theses operations, the unresponsiveness is back within days. Nokia Care told me Black update could fix it. Black came very late for 620 (very, very late !) and after 2 weeks, I can see the Return of the Unresponsiveness. In the 620 forum (yes, I know where is it), I can see a lot of people with the same problem, or similar ones. It seems it's not a hardware issue, but software.

My question is : it is the same with all WP phones or only 620 ? Windows Phone, which is very smooth at start, loses smoothness in few weeks on every phones ?

Because, I'm begin to be sick of my 620 (its lock button is now not working anymore each time?). I would like to change. But I would prefer to keep WP. In WP world, Lumia seems really good (Here collection, colors, models, cameras, etc.). I'm a little disappointed too by the camera of the 620. So maybe I would like to switch to a more high-end device. But I want to be sure I will not have the same issues with a 925 or something like that.

So the unresponsiveness is only for low-end models ?
Because, I'm not any more in total confiance with Nokia quality (but at the same time, they produce the phones I prefer?). So any advice from you guys ?

Thanks,

Beren

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 820 and I don't have this problems . By phone is as fast as when I bought it. My only problem is that in 6 months I have done 3 hard resets because of the other storage

Sent from my RM-825_eu_greece_250 using Tapatalk

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 since release and its still as fast now as when I got it.
Only had 1 major issue with it but it was purely my fault and I resolved it with Nokia Care Suite.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I've had my phone for eight months now, and it's still fast. I have had to reset it once, and that was ages ago. You likely have a defective unit.

vikram padwal

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I too have 620.Have been using it for more than 6 months, i didn't notice any serious screen unresponsiveness with it(though sometimes it was unresponsive ,but lock-unlocking solves the problem)...
And camera is just awesome (probably best 5 mp)

Such kind of problems are rare in windows phone (even in the low-end wp devices).I m sure you won't have such problem with 925 or any high end wp phone :)

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Lumia 822 with 64GB SD card and no speed issues. In the more than a year, I have turned it off and restarted 6+ times due to downloading seeming to hang. Restart resolves the downloading issue.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't really, my phone is over 1 year old already and it even became faster after GDR3 update, which is "insane" after coming from android, on android every update(if you got any LOL) made it even slower day by day

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I should tell you though that there's some grounding issues with the 620. I had one of those and the screen would give me problems if I had the phone laying its back on a surface that generates static, like a bed quilt or sheet, carpet, etc. Your case seems extreme though. There's definitely something wrong with your phone and you should have it fixed or replaced in warranty.

aafa

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my ATIV S for more than a year. Still feels just as fast as day 1. One of the features i love about WP.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have owned 3 Windows Phones so far the HTC Trophy (WP7) which I picked up at launch, a Lumia 822 to get me up to WP8 and the now the Lumia Icon which I've had since day one. In that time I have not experienced any slowdowns like you have described on any of the three phones. They all ran admirably for me.

At work we have switched all of our phones to Windows Phones. We were using Verizon and HTC 8X's and Lumia 822's but recently moved to US Cellular. Because of that switch we had to replace our current phones with Samsung ATIV Odyssey's for all of our smartphone users (over 50 at this point). The Odyssey isn't by any means a powerhouse but we have had no reports from any of our users about slowdowns. Windows Phone has actually been a huge success for us at an enterprise level.

If possible you should either get a replacement as it sounds like the device itself may have issues or else just upgrade to a better one if that's the direction you're leaning.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My 15 months old 920 is indeed quite laggy at times and struggles with normal usage (apps crashing, e.g Internet Explorer).
Is it possible that the CPU is worn out? I mean, I used to load lots of apps and media onto the device. I play games while charging. I pretty much abuse it in a way.
I have tried hard resetting, but the lag is back after a certain period. When the phone is not lagging, though, it performs like a champ.

BerenErchamion

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your answers, folks !

Yes, I bought this phone new. After your massive feedback, I think I will come back to Nokia Care. I didn't think to the possibility of a grounding issue.

Thanks again, you're amazing ;-). I will not leave WP, finally…

Beren

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon