03-24-2014 04:22 AM
26 12
tools
    hi one thing that puzzled me with my win phone is how do i know when there is an app update available?
    when i randomly select an app from windows store that i have already installed i sometimes see the "update" option in that. but i dont get any notification that update is available for that.{happened today with story teller app}
    only time i got any kind of notification was few weeks after i got the phone .when i opened the store it showed 17 updates .

so my question is should i check each app i installed individually for updates time to time or is there anyway i can get any kind of notification when an app update is available?
    03-21-2014 01:34 PM
    I use Lumia Pusher Pro
    akthelonelyman likes this.
    03-21-2014 01:36 PM
    I use Lumia Pusher Pro
    is that an app?
    03-21-2014 01:40 PM
    There's an app called SysApp Pusher (link below) which lets you add apps and chech for updates. It works really well and it's free, give it a try!
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...e-36335242ed2e

Sent from my ICONIA W700 using Tapatalk
    03-21-2014 01:59 PM
    akthelonelyman, I have tried both apps but like Lumia Pusher better. Unable to tell which phone you have but SysApp Pusher checks apps for Samsung, HTC and Nokia. Being a Lumia 928 user, Lumia Pusher is tailored to my specific needs. I have included links to both the free version and Pro ($0.99). I like to support the developers of quality apps and Lumia Pusher is such an app. There is an option to save your customized list to OneDrive. The Pro version sorts your added apps alphabetically (a really nice feature).

Lumia Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Lumia Pusher PRO | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    03-21-2014 02:44 PM
    akthelonelyman, I have tried both apps but like Lumia Pusher better. Unable to tell which phone you have but SysApp Pusher checks apps for Samsung, HTC and Nokia. Being a Lumia 928 user, Lumia Pusher is tailored to my specific needs. I have included links to both the free version and Pro ($0.99). I like to support the developers of quality apps and Lumia Pusher is such an app. There is an option to save your customized list to OneDrive. The Pro version sorts your added apps alphabetically (a really nice feature).

Lumia Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Lumia Pusher PRO | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    will give a try.is it only for Lumia exclusive apps or does it include all apps?
    03-21-2014 11:10 PM
    Friend Mee Too Recomend Sys App Pusher, recently installed and known updates for my LUMIA 520... Best App for App updates checking and updating.
    03-22-2014 12:11 AM
    will give a try.is it only for Lumia exclusive apps or does it include all apps?
    Lumia Pusher checks System, Here, Photo, Entertainment, Social and Other Nokia apps, plus all apps installed by you.
    03-22-2014 12:23 AM
    There's no need for a special app for this. Don't You get the notification automatically from the Store app? The Tile for it displays a number once there is an update available for any of the apps installed on the phone.
    03-22-2014 01:04 AM
    There's no need for a special app for this. Don't You get the notification automatically from the Store app? The Tile for it displays a number once there is an update available for any of the apps installed on the phone.
    posted this query coz its so random i get it only after the updated apps have been available for a long time..said that clearly in my op
    03-22-2014 02:51 AM
    Do you have the app store live tile pinned to your start screen? I believe the only way you'll see any notifications is on the live tile.
    03-22-2014 06:12 AM
    I would also suggest using "App-2-Date". I have found this app to be very good.
    03-22-2014 06:30 AM
    The best thing would be to fix your phone and get it working, instead of fixing symtoms here....! There are many threads in this forum to make it work.

But who knows, maybe it works with WP8.1
    03-22-2014 06:49 AM
    The best thing would be to fix your phone and get it working, instead of fixing symtoms here....! There are many threads in this forum to make it work.

But who knows, maybe it works with WP8.1
    i checked the threads.not looking to do that date trick.almost messed several subscriptions in various apps when i tried to clear temp files changing the date.i haven't seen any other methods mentioned.Yeah and i hope they fix the bug in 8.1.
    03-22-2014 11:46 AM
    I don't. It shows up when it shows up. Why is this a thing?
    03-22-2014 11:59 AM
    The windows phone store only checks for updates once a day. I still don't know if and how we can influence that time it checks for updates, but my phone used to tell me pretty much precisely at 5 pm if updates were available. When you open the store page for an app, though, the phone checks this particular app for updates at that point so that's why you can sometimes find updates in the store that the tile did not notify you of.

Now, last week these notifications stopped working for some reason, but I fixed that by unpinning the store from the start screen for a few hours then did a soft reset and re-pinned the store. Gonna see what time it checks for updates tomorrow

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta
    03-22-2014 12:20 PM
    mine always works perfectly (2 lumia 720s and a 820)
    whereas my friends 620 always has these issues and his own brothers 520 works better than my friends 620
    its like a game of luck i guess lol :D
    03-22-2014 12:25 PM
    You're supposed to get the number of available updates if you have the store tile pinned to start. The phone checks once every twenty-four hours for app updates, and if you don't know when it does this, you will need an always-on data connection. If it never shows updates, I can confirm that the date trick works.
    03-22-2014 01:18 PM
    Do you have the app store live tile pinned to your start screen? I believe the only way you'll see any notifications is on the live tile.
    That's what I meant to say.
    anon(123856) likes this.
    03-22-2014 01:45 PM
    The windows phone store only checks for updates once a day. I still don't know if and how we can influence that time it checks for updates, but my phone used to tell me pretty much precisely at 5 pm if updates were available. When you open the store page for an app, though, the phone checks this particular app for updates at that point so that's why you can sometimes find updates in the store that the tile did not notify you of.

Now, last week these notifications stopped working for some reason, but I fixed that by unpinning the store from the start screen for a few hours then did a soft reset and re-pinned the store. Gonna see what time it checks for updates tomorrow

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta
    Who really needs any more than that. Up-to-the-minute updates are a bit OCD.
    anon(123856) likes this.
    03-22-2014 01:48 PM
    My carrier signal is erratic in my area, so my 920 is on 2G... and I never seem to get notifications for updates. Even switching to wi-fi, the notification is inconsistent. The funny thing is I have a L720 in the house.... and that gets notifications all the time IF in 3G
    ​there's a moral in there somewhere
    03-22-2014 11:27 PM
    good news , you wont be using sysapppusher anymore after windows phone 8.1 , the store will automatically update your apps over Wi-Fi or mobile data(optional) , or one can also manually check apps for updates :)
    till then sysapppusher is great , it does check my apps automatically if enabled in background.
    03-23-2014 12:13 AM
    Read through all the replies. I understand that the notification works flawlessly for some while some share my problem. Anyways i have my appstore tile pinned on my start screen but i get update notification sometimes only days after it has been available.i most of the times know of the update reading from here wpc.
    That's why i asked.
    03-23-2014 08:33 AM
    There's an app called SysApp Pusher (link below) which lets you add apps and chech for updates. It works really well and it's free, give it a try!
    SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Sent from my ICONIA W700 using Tapatalk
    I think I'm missing something. I tried that but all it seems to do is list the most current version of the apps. I don't see any option to compare those to what is installed or to install updates.
    03-23-2014 03:17 PM
    Read through all the replies. I understand that the notification works flawlessly for some while some share my problem. Anyways i have my appstore tile pinned on my start screen but i get update notification sometimes only days after it has been available.i most of the times know of the update reading from here wpc.
    That's why i asked.
    I sometimes see a day or two delay, but that's about it.
    03-23-2014 06:24 PM
26 12