03-27-2014 10:07 PM
75 123
tools
    All I can say is android needs to be smooth with the help of root nd custom Rom.such is not the case with wp8

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    03-25-2014 04:06 AM
    Not satisfied, its a very limited os at the moment and if 8.1 sucks ball then i will be leaving wp when my contract is up.

The updates that they are showing us on wp8.1 is stuff that has been around for years on android or ios. They need these features and much more.

Also apps still suck. By sucking i mean the actual quality of the app itself n
    03-25-2014 05:09 AM
    Surprisingly satisfied, given that I chose it grudgingly, because that's where Nokia chose to go.
    There are odd things I miss from Symbian - situations, WiFi toggle (not a tile), decent alarm with alterable snooze.
    I have an Ipad and Android tablet, I like ios, but not for a phone, not keen on Android, I've had problems with malware and find it glitchy.
    mrzees likes this.
    03-25-2014 05:27 AM
    Not satisfied, its a very limited os at the moment and if 8.1 sucks ball then i will be leaving wp when my contract is up.

The updates that they are showing us on wp8.1 is stuff that has been around for years on android or ios. They need these features and much more.

Also apps still suck. By sucking i mean the actual quality of the app itself n
    android and ios have been around longer than wp and despite that wp has had faster growth and unique features and better smoothness than android (ios and wp have same speed roughly)
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    03-26-2014 06:47 AM
    I am more than happy with it (previously had Android & iPhone)

Not a big app users so I have been able to find all I need

Take photos, Calendar, Contacts, eMail, Music, Videos, Web Browsing, Checking Social Networks (these are my main uses and all are covered)
    03-26-2014 08:07 AM
    I am more than happy with it (previously had Android & iPhone)

Not a big app users so I have been able to find all I need

Take photos, Calendar, Contacts, eMail, Music, Videos, Web Browsing, Checking Social Networks (these are my main uses and all are covered)
    yeah ikr i also have phones and tablets from each OS and the FB app on all my ipads(2,3,4) lags like hell and the FB app on my 720 works perfectly infact better than android and ios put together
    03-26-2014 11:47 AM
    If what leaked in WP 8.1 is all true .. I'll be more than satisfied with my phone.
    03-26-2014 11:55 AM
    03-26-2014 12:05 PM
    Some of the criticism makes me wonder, do these people just walks into a store and point at a random phone to buy? How can you not know that there are less apps? How would you not know of any feature that have "long existed on ios/android" is not on WP? A simple Google search would've given you more than enough information on what you are getting yourself into before you bought the phone. Do you really not know anything before getting a Windows Phone?

But then, at the same time, these same people post about many features and apps that they DEMAND from WP, in a way that only a more tech-savvy person would. To me, if you know so much, and know that you cannot handle life without these features/apps, and still chose Windows Phone, you should only be mad at your own stupidity.
    03-26-2014 12:16 PM
    Some of the criticism makes me wonder, do these people just walks into a store and point at a random phone to buy? How can you not know that there are less apps? How would you not know of any feature that have "long existed on ios/android" is not on WP? A simple Google search would've given you more than enough information on what you are getting yourself into before you bought the phone. Do you really not know anything before getting a Windows Phone?

But then, at the same time, these same people post about many features and apps that they DEMAND from WP, in a way that only a more tech-savvy person would. To me, if you know so much, and know that you cannot handle life without these features/apps, and still chose Windows Phone, you should only be mad at your own stupidity.
    well said!!!
    im a developer for all major platforms im a power user and i say file managers and sh*tty games arent really needed
    we dont want another android here with the malware,fake apps,lack of security and google spying on us through our own devices
    tech savvy people dont need features and games which arent needed
    that guy isnt tech savvy at all, only 2 of his points are valid im sure he came from a droid and wants those lame launchers and stuff which isnt really needed
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    03-26-2014 12:26 PM

That's exactly how some people are and what they do. Never research or bother to inform themselves about anything. What's worse, they apply this terrible system to most areas of their lives. Not only purchases, but also politics, financial decisions and many more.
    03-26-2014 12:28 PM
    That's exactly how some people are and what they do. Never research or bother to inform themselves about anything. What's worse, they apply this terrible system to most areas of their lives. Not only purchases, but also politics, financial decisions and many more.
    Sigh...sad truth I guess.

I always say that usually a smartphone is only as smart as its user; I understand WP8 has its short comings, but I have still been able to beat my friends on iPhones and androids on many aspects (mostly photography of course).
    03-26-2014 12:39 PM
    Wow this thread got a little crazy.

I enjoy reading a lot of the user reviews away from WPC for all WP devices.

Still amazed by the general negatives hued forth by people who just want to point and shoot thinking WP8 would have icons or be similar to another popular OS.
    Seems like the services, tiles or metro really throws them for a loop causing immediate dismissal.

I can appreciate negatives if an actual user lived with the device then found shortcomings that may have been not resolvable for them.
    Hate or love with few in betweens for many I guess.
    03-26-2014 04:32 PM
    Wow this thread got a little crazy.

I enjoy reading a lot of the user reviews away from WPC for all WP devices.

Still amazed by the general negatives hued forth by people who just want to point and shoot thinking WP8 would have icons or be similar to another popular OS.
    Seems like the services, tiles or metro really throws them for a loop causing immediate dismissal.

I can appreciate negatives if an actual user lived with the device then found shortcomings that may have been not resolvable for them.
    Hate or love with few in betweens for many I guess.
    +10000 agree!! people just dont understand android and ios limitations which frankly for me are a lot worse coming from symbian and blackberry os phones in the past
    i tried iphone and android and windows phone had what i was looking for
    sure it doesnt have certain elements of symbian and bbos7.1 but the majority of what is needed in a phone is present in my 720 and i dont really look back
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    03-27-2014 04:39 AM
    As Twain said: It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    03-27-2014 08:10 AM
    Are you satisfied with WP8? Yes
    03-27-2014 08:20 AM
    I bought a Lumia 520 for its cheap price and because I'm not a power user. Overall I was very satisfied. The Metro interface is clean and intuitive. I wish a few things were better integrated but I understand MS has finally catched what they need to improve to if they want to remain a mobile/user oriented powerhouse. The basic suite is impressive, the Nokia HERE have proven extremely useful, the OneDrive automatically getting my photos, etc. I won't rule out an upgrade to a larger screen this summer but I don't think I'll move away from WP anytime soon. Something else, the security record of WP seems very good.
    Kevin Rush and Karthik Naik like this.
    03-27-2014 08:20 AM
    [WARN]Stop with the insults immediately[/WARN]
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    03-27-2014 09:37 AM
    It is strange. On car forums I see posts from people upset because they didn't know until after they bought a car that it didn't have some feature they needed. And they blame it on the car maker, saying things, like: "but that's standard on xxxxx which costs much less so it is assumed to be on any car costing more".

But back to topic, I have played with but not owned Android. I much prefer Windows Phone and am very satisfied with it. Of course my Android friends who themselves haven't even played with WP, say I just prefer WP because I don't know any better.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-27-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Guytronic and BobLobIaw like this.
    03-27-2014 09:46 AM
    I've been through the whole spectrum. Started with Blackberry's, moved on to Android had one IPhone and now have been doing Windows Phones for a couple of years. Being a business professional, the Windows Phone is my favorite.
    03-27-2014 12:22 PM
    Completely satisfied. It's very fast, ridiculously stable and got all the apps I needed. Then again, I did my research before plunging into the ecosystem, unlike others...
    Guytronic and Karthik Naik like this.
    03-27-2014 06:36 PM
    As many say about W8.1, it's what 8 should have been. Based on the leaks of WP8.1 the same applies.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    03-27-2014 08:08 PM
    If you link it to Facebook it will use those pictures of your friends

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-27-2014 08:58 PM
    Considering now though that Ms services are on android, ios I don't think it matters anymore which os you choose

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-27-2014 09:10 PM
    Personally, I am more than satisfied with WP8. I've used the entire spectrum (well, close to it) of cell phones. I started with some random flip phone from Kyocera, then to a Sidekick, then to a Razo, then an iPhone 1-4, G1, Blackberry Pearl, Nexus, HTC Evo, HTC HD7, Nokia Lumia 810 and now a Lumia 925 and 1020. I think all the available cell phone platforms are good. I don't think any are bad, I just have my own preference. As for the features, for me they are all there. I'm also a HEAVY user of this phone and a person who has a lot of apps. I think sometimes people might think that WP users are those who do not use that many apps/services and are, for that reason satisfied with WP. I think that is a terrible analysis of WP. I personally, use pretty much every major app, service, social network, etc. I have access to all of them (that I use). Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest, YouTube, Vine and the list goes. I've never felt "limited" with my phones or felt that I couldn't access something. I've never looked at friends and families iPhone's or Android phones, longing to return. I can do everything they do and some more. I use a lot of the services MS offers and that was something I completely switched to when I left Apple and Google. I figured, if this was going to be an enjoyable experience, I would need to dive head first into this new WP world. And I did. Switching over email accounts to Microsoft based ones, switching cloud storage to OneDrive (then SkyDrive), switching music apps from the likes of ITunes and Google Music to Xbox Music. Basically, I set it up so that my experience would be seamless. I understand that all of these companies are in their own way making, walled gardens. MS offers more services to end users than most companies (as we saw today with Office and the on-going battle to get Google to open its mind to having users on other platforms), but in the end the experience of their services, when integrated with the devices, is a very nice experience. I take a picture on my phone, its immediately uploaded to OneDrive, I download a bunch of new albums through Xbox Music at home, its on my phone in the car, I work on some marketing materials in Publisher, I view them again on my Surface Pro 2. Its just a full-circle experience when you truly strive to utilize all that they offer. Will it work for all people? No. I'm aware that everyone has their own needs and preferences, but for some I think they ay ignore that fact or are aching for something new, so bad they forget what really matters and just run for the "new" thing. Do your homework, research, think of different scenarios for your phone use and then decide. I for one have not once felt like I lost any of my previous abilities. I actually feel like I have gained more features and uses. With the way I use my phone and access the different MS services, I was able to sway my wife who was a STRONG Android user with Samsung. Not because I would say, "You should switch and join me over here, just look how cool my phone is!" No, I would just use it. Day to day, when we were on vacations, out and about, with our son, hanging out, wherever, I would just use the phone. She would ask questions here and there, but I let the actions speak for themselves. What pushed her over? The simplest thing. The ease of use with OneDrive and accessing older pictures and videos. She just liked that idea of everything just syncing seamlessly and little better than what Android and Samsung were offering up. She then asked about different apps and what was available and what wasn't. After some weeks, she came to me and said, "I want a windows phone." Take your time and make educated decisions. If you ask me about my experience and how it compares to my life with 4 generations of iPhone and multiple Android phones, I will have nothing, but glowing remarks.
    03-27-2014 10:07 PM
75 123