What's your one feature?

Anthony Morgan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
the ability to use nfc to turn on and off system functions like wifi and Bluetooth. Or better yet be able to script specific actions through touch develop at a system level.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure myself, haven't been paying attention to the wp 8.1 leaks or articles discussing features. Probably quickly read through about 5 or 6... Couldn't contain my curiosity lol. But yeah i don't want to read no spoilers :p. Argh, just typing about it is unbearable. I think im going to go and watch some family guy, breaking bad or something lol.

anon(1307783)

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I think you guys are missing the biggest pain point. The digital assistant is nifty, but we can't currently change phones without starting over on EVERY APP. It's ridiculous! I would put every vote into a full backup solution. These new Nokia's may be more durable than my iPhones in the past, but they are still far more fragile due to this very critical missing puzzle piece. Why on earth do I have to pay for buying a new phone? I don't want to lose my progress in games I've put hours into. I don't buy calendar apps because what's the point? I'm just going to lose all of the events when I upgrade anyway. I understand that one does not get a new phone every other month, but this is functionality that they had on Windows Mobile!! They had this in XP for crying out loud. The laud it in all their new Server product announcements. Server 2012 Essentials can backup every computer in your house while you're asleep, and yet they struggle with my progress in Angry Birds?? Are you kidding me??

Backup people, backup.

El Turner

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
For the love of God, how about video playlists or maybe call recording. There is no reason why windowsphone 8.1 can do what windows mobile 6.0 could do with ease.

Bernard Boileau

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Separate and distinct profiles that don't mix up or blend info. I have live accounts that are associated with facebook and Twitter for my small business and personal. They frequently get mixed up and are completely lost when I have a contact from both. I switched from BlackBerry to Windows and do not regret it at all. There new OS offers this. With most of their market share being lost to Windows, this is a feature needed for business clients.

I do look forward to the integrated inbox and care little about the Cortana feature. I do appreciate that for many users this is important, not me. I am most interested if Microsoft offers the OS on any phone. The integration to other Microsoft feature and my laptop, desktop and tablet are helpful. I think this will draw people to Microsoft products. I have a Windows specific Samsung ATIV S and when I damaged the screen, it was a long and difficult process getting it fixed. This was because the phone was a Windows specific. If it was an Android, it could have been fixed while I wait.

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
SD card support for apps and games of course. Those who are worrying for file manager, buy "Pocket File Manager" from the store. It's got all the features and works just fine for me.

Flubaluba

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Most definitely app to SD card, this could make windows the top OS as most people suffer from not being able to install all the apps they want to due to low memory. This one action gives a saving, unlike any other, no need to buy a phone with 32gb mem on board or even 64gb as you can upgrade your phone to 64gb with an SD card. What a saving and what an amazing service this would provide to everyone, notification center is useless to me as i can see all emails and messages and Facebook announcement on the main lock screen and easily reply to notifications on the windows home screen. Most definitely the app on the SD card will make windows the only phone that does this without having to jailbreak/hack the phone.

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
1) Notification Center - The most important feature.
2) Apart from that the option to choose by default the apps for the relevant links. For example asking be to open the particular service on that app just like in Android. Example : Like the soundcloud mobile site doesnt work on WP8 so it should give an option to open that link with the relevant app installed on the phone.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
there are already numerous features leaked by the developers. lets see wat else does the blue update brings along.\

i would really love to see direct music control from live tile, tiles background change( which i have seen in some leaks but not sure if it is included in the update) well for now we will only have to wait and watch!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon